Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,173   Online: 1009

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021222324252630 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Freestyle's prices on roll films are up now too. I hope Ultrafine Online, MPEX, and Freestyle's prices are closer to what people were expecting to pay and we can order enough of these formats produced this year to have them continued to be produced in the future.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Smathers View Post
    Freestyle's prices on roll films are up now too. I hope Ultrafine Online, MPEX, and Freestyle's prices are closer to what people were expecting to pay and we can order enough of these formats produced this year to have them continued to be produced in the future.
    The prices are much better, I think there should be enough orders. But still very high. I wonder if once the machinery needed to make them are produced, if the prices will come down next year?

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What I would like to know is why 3.25"x4.25" film is so expensive, very close in price to 4"x10" film.

Roger

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

2013 ULF Manufacture From ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

I've just completed a series of measurements on unprocessed and processed Kodak VP 122 film and had them verified by 3 different people. 122 film is 90 mm wide or 3 1/2 inches !!!!!. Whomever advised Simon Galley concerning this size of film should re-check their measurements. 82.55 mm is too small,by my calculations, for any camera that takes 122 film. I've been shooting this film size for 5 years and can say that 90 mm is the correct width of this size of film. Fortunately the 9 cm roll of FP-4+ is the right size so I am going to order two rolls of it.

Doug

Shooter
    Large Format
    Doug, if that's true this may be our best offer on the film:
    http://mpex.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=1164756

I'll have to do some measurements of my own.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    How did you search for that because I can't find 127 format anywhere on the site... Nor the 70mm stuff

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    nor the FP4+ 11x14
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

2013 ULF Manufacture From ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Well folks it seems that I'm going to have to eat a little crow on this one. After checking the price lists for Freestyle and The Bigcameraworkshop the size for the 122 film offered by Ilford is indeed the correct size 91.5 mm. However, the 9 cm/90 mm shown is basically the same size but is, for the most part, less expensive than the 122 size (91.5 mm) offered. Anyway, you make the call on this one depending on your preference.

Humbly yours,

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger, from what I see the prices must be figure by a formula more complex than just surface area. They must be putting a value on each format based on volume, cost of production including confectioning etc.. I would guess that the cost is offset by a higher cost for the format and adjusted prices for the more popular formats to cover the cost.

I'd be interested in seeing Pan F+ in sheet film sizes but the capability of production doesn't exist.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post
    Well folks it seems that I'm going to have to eat a little crow on this one. After checking the price lists for Freestyle and The Bigcameraworkshop the size for the 122 film offered by Ilford is indeed the correct size 91.5 mm. However, the 9 cm/90 mm shown is basically the same size but is, for the most part, less expensive than the 122 size (91.5 mm) offered. Anyway, you make the call on this one depending on your preference.

Humbly yours,

Doug
    MPEX's prices for the 122 HP5 and 9cm FP4 are the same.

Oh wow, just checked. I like Freestyles prices on the 9cm FP4!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Roger, from what I see the prices must be figure by a formula more complex than just surface area. They must be putting a value on each format based on volume, cost of production including confectioning etc.. I
    I would not be surprised if to make some sizes, they actually start with a larger size, and then have to cut it down by hand, throwing away the trimmings. Also they may have to make the box by hand, and or cut a filler piece for a larger box so that it is packed securely.

If they had to make a tool to cut the film, your cost includes part of the cost of that tool.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin