Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,646   Online: 706

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1216171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I agree, an explanation is needed, asking Simon is the way to get it. We've tossed around our ideas but it appears only Ilford / Harmon knows. Our money is relavent here.

Curt
    I did PM Simon and he indicated that it is volume related and that they would reevaluate the price for 2014.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would love the price to be lower but, considering this is a first go for a film that has been tough to find, I find the quoted price to be fair. I have been using Efke 25, which is nice, but I suspect that the QC on these Ilford films will be quite a bit higher.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    I did PM Simon and he indicated that it is volume related and that they would reevaluate the price for 2014.

Roger
    Roger, that's interesting, maybe maybe not. A year is a long time to wait for a reevaluation. Unfortunately the situation now is how much will sell and who will pass. That isn't a good indicator for future pricing and volume.

For what it's worth I'm still deciding on what to order. $300.00 plus for twenty five sheets. Am I in that league or fooling myself? Jim's 8x20 prints are impressive and Vaughn's 4x10 prints are stunning. How's the poem go? "I took the road less traveled and found it was a dead end." Get what you can and hope for the best I suppose.

Imagine needing, wanting, more than one format!

At least Ilford / Harmon alive and producing, and FP4+ is and has been a great film.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    At MPEX 2 7x17 FP4+ & 2 HP5+ 122 rolls will cost me 730 bucks.
    At Freestyle the same order is 780 bucks. Better savings with MPEX.
    I'd really only like to order one roll of 122, but I want to make sure this will be on next year's list.
    If there's better prices, let me know!

I'm curious about the 90mm FP4+ film too. I can't figure out what it's used for either. Tempted to just buy this for savings over HP5+ 122 rolls. FP4+ would make more sense in my Kodak 3a camera - but consider my 2 rolls of 122 committing to the world cause.

Any ideas how to store 122 film? Best I've though of is 4x6 print sleeves.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DLawson View Post
    Simon,

I wanted to thank you for the 46mm/127 offering. I will be placing my order once the money-wheel crosses into June. I just wanted to add my vote for next year offering this in FP4 (or alternating years of FP4/HP5). I'm sure I will find many good uses at ISO 400, but the cameras I have for 127 are more geared at 100-ish (or lower, if you have secret plans).

(Keeping my eye out for a gray baby.)
    I don't understand this comment about not being able to use 400 speed film in a 127 camera, I only have one, and it's a junker, but I'm always having to push the Efke100 because its too slow and I can't even get past f/5.6 without a tripod (because shutter speeds drop below 1/30) so this confuses me, I don't see how they are "geared" to any film speed, but I'm asking because I want to learn and understand not to argue, hope that's clear.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I don't understand this comment about not being able to use 400 speed film in a 127 camera.
    That's because most 127 cameras are Brownie type / box cameras with fixed shutter speeds of about 1/45 and they blow out fast film in anything more than dark shade. They were designed for ASA 64 films.

They certainly don't have such luxuries as a tripod socket.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    That's because most 127 cameras are Brownie type / box cameras with fixed shutter speeds of about 1/45 and they blow out fast film in anything more than dark shade. They were designed for ASA 64 films.

They certainly don't have such luxuries as a tripod socket.
    OH haha I only own the yashika 44.. Which has a tripod socket and PC socket... So I didn't realize most weren't like that. However, why would you spend such money on good film like this at such a premium and shoot it with a brownie style lens? (I guess I've never understood the lomo style shooting, I'm too much of a control freak lol). Thanks for the info.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    ... However, why would you spend such money on good film like this at such a premium and shoot it with a brownie style lens?
    Exactly!

Mostly I shoot color. Kodak portra 160 in 46mmx100ft is really cheap. Less than $2 a roll.

But using old cameras the Multi-national corporations say we are not allowed to have anymore is really fun.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Exactly!

Mostly I shoot color. Kodak portra 160 in 46mmx100ft is really cheap. Less than $2 a roll.

But using old cameras the Multi-national corporations say we are not allowed to have anymore is really fun.
    Process at home? I don't know many places that you can have c-41 127 done cheaply. And even home isn't cheap... Ok I'm eating up this thread I'll shush as its SLIGHTLY becoming off topic.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't understand this comment about not being able to use 400 speed film in a 127 camera, I only have one, and it's a junker, but I'm always having to push the Efke100 because its too slow and I can't even get past f/5.6 without a tripod (because shutter speeds drop below 1/30) so this confuses me, I don't see how they are "geared" to any film speed, but I'm asking because I want to learn and understand not to argue, hope that's clear.

First of all, don't take me as an expert. I'm an aging newbie (started B&W darkroom in 1975 and haven't learned much since then).

The 127 camera that I have now (somewhere, thought it was on the bookcase) has a top shutter speed around 1/100, and I use it for daylight walk-at-lunch sort of thing, or did until the Efke curl drove me crazy. ISO 400 and sunny-16 puts me where? f/32? I like *some* choice on depth of field.

Waiting for a 127 Rolleiflex to ship. The pictures look good, and if it is half as good as it looks, I'll be happy.

Of course, by the time I have this film, the days will be getting shorter and 400 may be just the thing.

I'm certainly not complaining. I just like the full variety.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin