Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,673   Online: 1162

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    This year is going to be fun, thanks to ILFORD !!
    Last edited by wblynch; 05-21-2013 at 11:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm not going to be ordering the 46mm myself. I've got one of Joe McGloin's film slitters, and I can just cut down any existing 120 film if I want to feed my Yashica 44a. (Also have half a roll of 46mm Agfa Portrait XPS-160 in the freezer which wasn't too badly outdated when I froze it.)

Note that if you intend to do this yourself, or even recycle existing 120 backing paper for use with new 46mm stock, you need to spool the cut-down film backwards and count down from 16 to 1, or it won't line up in the red window: the 4x4 track on real 127 paper is on the opposite side of the strip from the 6x4.5 track on 120 paper.

At the moment, I'm trying to decide between the 90mm FP4+ and the 91.75mm HP5+. Can't afford both at the moment. I'm leaning toward the faster film, even if it is $30 more, because none of my 3A cameras go much below f/8. The exception is the (not-yet-working) Graflex 3A, but that one has a shutter that goes up to 1/1000, or did when it was new. I've always wondered what the heck they were thinking when they built that one, back in the '20s, when Super-XX was as fast a film as you could possibly get.

(On the other hand, I do have a 90mm reel, meant for industrial X-ray film apparently, and actual 122 doesn't fit it very well. Have to think about this some more.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi guys and gals,

Sorry if this was mentioned already (made it through page 10, had to stop), but can someone tell me how the film is packaged? I mean, if I order 5x12, does it come in a 5x12-ish size box, or do they put two 25-sheet packs together in an 11x14 box, or... what?

This is my first year taking part in the Ilford/Harman film fest. This is so friggin' wonderful...

TIA!
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I can only speak to Whole Plate, which comes in properly sized boxes. I would guess that the other sizes do too.

Roger

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    When does this end? I have my show June 1st and all my money went to prints and frames, I really want to buy a few things... :/

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    End of June I believe.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    End of June I believe.
    Oh good, thanks!

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Boxes :

One of the big issues in our ULF run is that the boxes are only ordered once the film orders are in as our box maker ( bless his heart ) also compromises his minimum order quantities and makes them to order for us, they are actually made by hand for the ULF run, even so they have to be full photo quality. Some are the exact size, but since some sizes are very similar we pack out some to try and cut down the number of boxes so you may not get the exact size box, the actual size of the contents is clearly marked on the wrap around info label.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology limited.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you, Simon, and thank you, Roger.

That is so cool, that the boxes are the same-ish size as the film. Can you imagine a stack of 7x17 film boxes??? The thought sends shivers up my spine.

Four weeks to save up my pennies. So little time, so much film to order...
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Large Format
    This will be my first time ordering from the special run too. I did however get a couple of last years left over 7x17 boxes of HP5+ film a few months ago from MPEX and I can tell you it's the same quality boxes as their regular line. If these are hand made, it sounds like we're getting a really good deal on these films. Make the best of it while its still here!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin