Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,317   Online: 949

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1418192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I compared prices on several films with several dealers on their sites/price lists. There are some strange variations in prices out there. Some even unbelievable strange. But it's their on their websites.

I recalculated all prices into EURO for easy comparing: EURO 1.00 = USD 1.30 and EURO 1.00 = GBP 0.85. All prices excluding taxes and excluding shipping costs.

Here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ilford_ULF_2013_Pricelist_compare.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	359.0 KB 
ID:	69571
    I checked it twice, but please let me know if I made any errors.
    PM me if you want to receive the original Excel sheet through email.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* "So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you." (the original Willy Wonka: Gene Wilder, 1971)
    * My favorite cameras: Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for this. I live in a country that doesn't do this ULF special order so I'd like to order from the place that has bottom line prices. This comfirms MPEX has a pretty darn good deal compared with others. In my experience, their shipping fees are reasonable too.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello Lee,
    What part of the world are you in?
    You could ask Ilford directly for dealers in your country or nearby. You could check it on their site.
    See: http://ilfordphoto.com/contact.asp
    Or just email them (as I did) for a name/company in your country.

And don't forget to add shipping costs and import taxes. Especially import taxes can be a killer on a sweet deal.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* "So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you." (the original Willy Wonka: Gene Wilder, 1971)
    * My favorite cameras: Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm in South Korea. Korea is listed but prices of standard sizes are already twice what I could get from the states. I usually order several boxes of 5x7 from MPEX or freestyle and its still cheaper than buying that same order in Korea. I'm 99% sure I'm the only one in Korea shooting 5x7. I know I'm not the only one shooting 8x10 because I got our TA interested in 8x10 by developing xray in the darkroom. 99.99999% sure I'll be the only one doing 7x17. 4x5 is still used by a very select few. I may ask the Ilford distributor anyways and let them know how much I expect to pay MPEX. Maybe they can match it or less.

Shooter
    Large Format
    My last order from MPEX was around $300 and it breezed through customs with no taxes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    MPEX isn't listing FP4+ in 11x14, nice company but 11x14 FP4+ on the annual run, not.

Yes I did, no they didn't.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey Guys!!!! HURRY!!!!! ONE DAY ONLY you can order 70mm double perf and non-perf... there was a mixup in the ULF and we can order it TODAY from freestyle....

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/...rder-70mm.html

There's the link with the info, do it!!! now !!!!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone else ordered 122 size rolls? Last time I asked they only had 5 orders... maybe they have more now, but the minimum was ten.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpres View Post
    Anyone else ordered 122 size rolls? Last time I asked they only had 5 orders... maybe they have more now, but the minimum was ten.
    As far as I was told they didn't get enough order "by a long shot" to do the 122 order, they needed a little more than twice as many I think is what the rep at Freestyle told me if I recall correctly. Anyway the mixup was on 70mm only, there was just a miscommunication and it turned out they had counted wrong and actually had enough orders, so they were giving this window for 70mm only to re-ordder.

Sorry about your 122, maybe next year you can organize something like this in a thread and get more people aware of it. I almost ordered a 122 roll but the 70mm took precedence, and since I only PLAN on buying a 122 camera but don't actually have one, I couldn't justify the cost. And now that I have a 4x5 camera, I don't know that I'll ever shoot 122 since it's pretty close in size. The people who ordered the 122 must have some really nice cameras, all the 122's I've seen (which aren't many) didn't seem like anything special. Educate me (but on another thread haha).
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 07-25-2013 at 02:33 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered a roll of 122. Was very sad to receive notice that there were not enough orders

As for camera, that 122 was destined for my Kodak Panoram 3A.
    My other camera is a Pentax

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin