Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,377   Online: 1090

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1519202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by filmamigo View Post
    I ordered a roll of 122. Was very sad to receive notice that there were not enough orders

As for camera, that 122 was destined for my Kodak Panoram 3A.
    Next year order 6, I think that was the amount that they needed

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was prepared to up my order to help, but it seems not enough others were.

The few of us that want it will have to make a lot more noise next year to try and bring out some other potential users...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpres View Post
    I was prepared to up my order to help, but it seems not enough others were.

The few of us that want it will have to make a lot more noise next year to try and bring out some other potential users...
    Well a funny thing happened with the 70mm that they made a mistake and had enough orders and we had one day to agree to still order it, but a few people backed out and I posted everywhere, brought up old threads about 70mm and in the end the freestyle rep sake she got quite a few orders because of my posting and making noise and we made the numbers. I also discovered not as many people knew about the ULF or knew that they were doing smaller formats like 46mm and 70mm because the title is ULF .

Point is, next year create a poll and 122 thread here and on LF forum and even RF forum and organize to know how much people will order so you can figure out how much more you need.

Manifest your destiny sir

Good luck!

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be ordering next year.

Once there is a list of everything available make a big ole sticky post!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was in the market for 18x24 cm film sheets, but didn't order due to the high prices. I'm not saying Ilford is too expensive, not at all. I believe they can't produce it cheaper in this declining market. But I just can't afford that kind of prices for making negatives.
    So I'm looking into other possibilities like paper negatives or X-ray film sheets.

I'll save up for next year and try to participate.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I was in the market for 18x24 cm film sheets, but didn't order due to the high prices. I'm not saying Ilford is too expensive, not at all. I believe they can't produce it cheaper in this declining market. But I just can't afford that kind of prices for making negatives.
    So I'm looking into other possibilities like paper negatives or X-ray film sheets.

I'll save up for next year and try to participate.
    Ironic since you're shooting 18x24 which in itself is inherently expensive haha.

What about 20x24 cut down the 2 inches your self? or find a way to modify the holder attachment to accept 20x24 size film holders and just center it? Or am I insane?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ironic since you're shooting 18x24 which in itself is inherently expensive haha.

What about 20x24 cut down the 2 inches your self? or find a way to modify the holder attachment to accept 20x24 size film holders and just center it? Or am I insane?
    The camera can't be modified to accepting larger formats (at least not by me). It's a russian FLD plate camera.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera-FKD-13x18-group.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	72385 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera-FKD-18x24-005.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	72386 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera-FKD-koffer.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	72387
    BTW: it is 18x24 centimeters, not inches (about 7.11x9.49 inches). Sheet film 8x10 inch doesn't fit and photographic paper is easily available in 18x24 cm. I have made successfully paper negatives on Ilford B&W paper, removing the back layer and making it transparent with linseed oil.

And I don't feel comfortable cutting down other sizes: too much waist and to difficult in total darkness?

Anyone experience with cutting? How do you do this (scissors, cutting machine, ...)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    The camera can't be modified to accepting larger formats (at least not by me). It's a russian FLD plate camera.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera-FKD-13x18-group.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	72385 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera-FKD-18x24-005.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	72386 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera-FKD-koffer.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	72387
    BTW: it is 18x24 centimeters, not inches (about 7.11x9.49 inches). Sheet film 8x10 inch doesn't fit and photographic paper is easily available in 18x24 cm. I have made successfully paper negatives on Ilford B&W paper, removing the back layer and making it transparent with linseed oil.

And I don't feel comfortable cutting down other sizes: too much waist and to difficult in total darkness?

Anyone experience with cutting? How do you do this (scissors, cutting machine, ...)
    I would do it like a fabric worker, get a board that clamps down, put film and a template on top of the film, then use a rolling cutter (similar to a pizza cutter but much sharper) and cut on the template line.

But I agree I don't like to do it either.

I thought it would be easier to modify the back of the camera, it looks pretty easy to do, takeof the back of the wood and put the hinge on an new extended hinge that goes over the new wider film holder.

But anyway, I would simply start using a different camera, sucks that you can't get the film, it does look like a really sweet camera to use

Shooter
    35mm
    did anyone compile a list of what roll sizes will be made? My dealer told me that they were close on the 46mm and asked me to add another roll. But I have not heard any further. I will either have to come up with more money or get some money back I guess.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    127 Format
    I heard, before the program closed, that the minimum order was met for 46mm in HP5+.

You should not be required to order more than you want.
    - Bill Lynch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin