Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,827   Online: 1000

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20242526272829303132 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear all,

Thanks for the kind words.

It is appreciated, I will pass it on to the film finishing crew who make it.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hey guys! Just got my packages too!! 2 70mm double perf and 2 70mm Non-perf and one 46mm roll for my 127...

However since the order my canard gear has changed and I'm wondering if anyone is interested in trading one if my 70mm non-perf for a 46mm roll they have? The 70mm non-perf is great for 116/616 cameras.

I never got around to getting a 616/116 in working condition and the one I have has serious bellows issues...

I'll throw in the 616 folder I have as part of the deal if that helps at all? Lol

Either way I'm super excited!!! Can't wait to use this stuff! First camera is defiantly my 127 Yashica44LM
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

2013 ULF Manufacture From ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Hey guys just a second note, the boxes that contain the role film, are the actual dark boxes, there are no metal cans contained within these boxes. I assume this is to keep costs down and because it's a special run you wouldn't make large cans for each individual size or anything so it makes sense that these are just in box form. There is of course the standard black plastic bag to keep the film safe from any kind of stray late, but I just wanted you guys to know not to open up the boxes in broad daylight, there's no warning on the outside of the box that let you know about this and so since I'm probably one of the first people to do it in daylight I wanted to warn everyone else. I suppose it was foolish of me but I was just really excited, I'm sure it's fine because like I said there's still another bag inside, but I just wanted everyone to know to be careful.

And no it's not the 70 mm I was trying to trade, the box that I happened to open was of course the only roll of 46 mm... Well I'll probably shoot some over the weekend, so I'll let you guys know if anything got ruined but I'm sure it's fine.
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 11-23-2013 at 04:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Hey guys just a second note, the boxes that contain the role film, are the actual dark boxes, there are no metal cans contained within these boxes. I assume this is to keep costs down and because it's a special run you wouldn't make large cans for each individual size or anything so it makes sense that these are just in box form.
    WOW!
    A DIY free pinhole camera kit included with the film !!
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

2013 ULF Manufacture From ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Hi StoneNYC: I ordered 2 rolls of 46 mm HP-5+ and I'm willing to trade one for one of your 70mm non-perf rolls and the camera. What model camera and what film is the 70mm?.How did you want to handle shipping costs?.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    ...there are no metal cans contained within these boxes... there's no warning on the outside of the box that let you know about this...
    Nice heads-up. A warning on the box would be nice, although the people who would purchase this special-order film are probably the type not to need it. Sort of how a mechanic doesn't need instructions when buying a torque-wrench

I wasn't able to participate this year, but your enthusiasm really has me looking forward to next year's special run. There are a few old cameras somewhere in the house I have to dig out and get working, including my first camera; a 127 Brownie that was also my mother's when she was a child.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    WOW!
    A DIY free pinhole camera kit included with the film !!
    Hmm... not a bad idea.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post
    Hi StoneNYC: I ordered 2 rolls of 46 mm HP-5+ and I'm willing to trade one for one of your 70mm non-perf rolls and the camera. What model camera and what film is the 70mm?.How did you want to handle shipping costs?.

Doug
    Hey Doug, I'll PM you.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    One down!!! Yes!!!

A few to go... Wish I had more than 3 extra things of the old EFKE 127 rolls, would prefer to do all 22 (what I calculated) rolls in one run if possible...

So psyched! Hope I didn't scratch anything.

Ilford is the best!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385242376.383279.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	77368

Shooter
    35mm
    My 46mm rolls also came today, I wonder if it will be safe to freeze one?

As far as the packaging, ILFORD has for years used the paper box with the plastic bag for their bulk film. I suspect the cans disappeared by the 1990 era. Even the old private label stuff was in a box. Basically the same type of package as Paper is supplied in.

The 46mm rolls just have a printed label with the size and the complete address of the maker. And a batch number, no suggested expiry date. I was surprised by the shape of the box, I wonder if they used the same package for the 70mm film? (Stone you have both - care to comment?)
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin