Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,598   Online: 1121

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212526272829303132 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    My 46mm rolls also came today, I wonder if it will be safe to freeze one?

As far as the packaging, ILFORD has for years used the paper box with the plastic bag for their bulk film. I suspect the cans disappeared by the 1990 era. Even the old private label stuff was in a box. Basically the same type of package as Paper is supplied in.

The 46mm rolls just have a printed label with the size and the complete address of the maker. And a batch number, no suggested expiry date. I was surprised by the shape of the box, I wonder if they used the same package for the 70mm film? (Stone you have both - care to comment?)
    Same box size, I'm sure that's why it's bigger than last years box, to accommodate the 70mm.

One of the boxes strangely came in styrofoam packaging while the rest were simply wrapped in cardboard. It's caused a lot of problems with styrofoam pieces sticking to the dark bag and film/packaging. I'm not sure why or what happened, it's just one of 4 70mm had styrofoam...

Anyway I've put an inquiry in to find out.

I'm also curious about the storage, since it's not sealed on factory, humidity could have gotten in and might not be safe for freezing...

Refrigeration is fine, but I've already sealed them in plastic bags as a beginning step while we both await an answer about freezing.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    Popped my lone roll of 46 mm straight into the freezer on arrival. I am confident it will keep well.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Popped my lone roll of 46 mm straight into the freezer on arrival. I am confident it will keep well.
    It was more about moisture control since it's not sealed, I hope you at least put the box in a freezer bag first...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    Not worried about it
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Not worried about it

Around Thanksgiving when I actually am home, and not on the road, and have the time, I'm probably going to end up putting all of my needs individual cans that I have to have lying around, if any of them for that is.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Pleased it all arrived safe.

Packaging for the ULF is a compromise I'm afraid, we have to adapt and use what we can to control the costs. I am unsure why a date stamp wasn't used, I will check it out. It was 'finished' in August so July 2018 is the 'expirey date'.

You can freeze it no problem, just put it in a protective ziplock freezer bag before you do and allow minimum 2 days to get up to temperature before using it.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post

Around Thanksgiving when I actually am home, and not on the road, and have the time, I'm probably going to end up putting all of my needs individual cans that I have to have lying around, if any of them for that is.
    You've finally done it - written something that I can't work out. This one's really got me buggered.

How about proof-reading before posting?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    You've finally done it - written something that I can't work out. This one's really got me buggered.

Ahh! Haha "putting my ROLLS in cans" and "if any of them FIT that is"

Sorry...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,

Pleased it all arrived safe.

Packaging for the ULF is a compromise I'm afraid, we have to adapt and use what we can to control the costs. I am unsure why a date stamp wasn't used, I will check it out. It was 'finished' in August so July 2018 is the 'expirey date'.

You can freeze it no problem, just put it in a protective ziplock freezer bag before you do and allow minimum 2 days to get up to temperature before using it.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Thanks Simon! I assumed it was a cost savings, makes sense. And thanks for an expiry date, it will certainly most likely be all gone by then!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post

Seems clear to me, he's going to eat turkey and put his film into proper storage.

Roger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin