Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,811   Online: 761

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2226272829303132
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,

Pleased it all arrived safe.

Packaging for the ULF is a compromise I'm afraid, we have to adapt and use what we can to control the costs. I am unsure why a date stamp wasn't used, I will check it out. It was 'finished' in August so July 2018 is the 'expirey date'.

You can freeze it no problem, just put it in a protective ziplock freezer bag before you do and allow minimum 2 days to get up to temperature before using it.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Two DAYS?

I usually warm my frozen film for a couple of hours but never heard a suggestion for days before.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Two DAYS?

I usually warm my frozen film for a couple of hours but never heard a suggestion for days before.
    If you think about how wide and long the 70mm is, since it's not sealed completely, if any moisture is in it, and crystals in the emulsion form, and then are melted, they need time to evaporate out of the central core before being shot, if they are shot too soon, you run the risk of the emulsion being raised in the moist areas. That's my guess anyway.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin