Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,368   Online: 1035

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsundevil View Post
    I asked Simon last year about cutting some bulk film for 122. They have to cut one full pass off a parent roll. If I remember correctly, Simon said it was somewhere around 1600 feet long. If they could guarantee that that much film would sell. They would likely do it.
    What do you say, Simon? Give us a Cat number and lets see if we can scare up 1600' worth of orders!

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't expect quite so much hooplah over my inquiry about Pan F+ in 4x5 sheets.

No, I really don't want Delta 100. It's a fine film for those who prefer the look that it provides. I haven't seen much in the way of Delta 100 images that bowl me over so I'm interested in the traditional emulsions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    I didn't expect quite so much hooplah over my inquiry about Pan F+ in 4x5 sheets.

No, I really don't want Delta 100. It's a fine film for those who prefer the look that it provides. I haven't seen much in the way of Delta 100 images that bowl me over so I'm interested in the traditional emulsions.
    There's nothing wrong with asking. However if I put a bunch of prints in front of you from LF negatives there's no way you'd be able to tell me what film they were shot on (leaving aside Infra red) and they range from EFKE/Adox PL25. APX100, Tmax100, Fomapan 100 & 200, Delta 100 & HP5.

There's already threads where Ilford have said there's no chance of Pan F as sheet film, Ilford offer a choice of FP4 or Delta 100 in sheet film sizes, economically there's no way they could make Pan F as the demand just wouldn't be large enough.

If Ilford made a slower film than FP4 or Delat 100 yes I'd use it in LF sizes where I prefer to use a tripod but Ilford have said it's just not possible for technical and even if thise were solved economic reasons. That's the reality we need to accept.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    There's nothing wrong with asking. However if I put a bunch of prints in front of you from LF negatives there's no way you'd be able to tell me what film they were shot on (leaving aside Infra red) and they range from EFKE/Adox PL25. APX100, Tmax100, Fomapan 100 & 200, Delta 100 & HP5.

There's already threads where Ilford have said there's no chance of Pan F as sheet film, Ilford offer a choice of FP4 or Delta 100 in sheet film sizes, economically there's no way they could make Pan F as the demand just wouldn't be large enough.

If Ilford made a slower film than FP4 or Delat 100 yes I'd use it in LF sizes where I prefer to use a tripod but Ilford have said it's just not possible for technical and even if thise were solved economic reasons. That's the reality we need to accept.

Ian
    Every year he accepts request, so that's my request, I'll keep requesting it anyway, he's never said no to me personally and as I understand the only issue is that the base is thin and he perceives that people wouldn't be happy with that, and I've said and a few others agree they would deal with having a thin base for a trial run, it's the same as Rollei IR film in thin-ness and people buy that, so if that's the only issue, he may do a run if he gets enough requests and he can use the feedback from that to see if it's worth making with the current base, anyway, please can we move on, it's just a request, I'm not trying to fight, but let me make my request and hear from Simon if he doesn't like it :-P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Thanks, this is a request forum, please respect that this is about us asking Ilford to make this for those that want it, stop trying to put the idea down, it's not polite, some of us want it, let us ask and stop trying to tell me how to do something different when I already know what I want.
    Harman have already made it clear several times that Pan F+ on sheet isn't viable for technical reasons.

I wasn't trying to put the idea down, only deal with the reality of the situation..

I did not try to tell you how to do anything. I asked a question:
    could Delta 100 with an ND filter over the lens and pushed in a compensating developer give a similar effect? I don't know, I've never tried it
    Please tell me, how is asking a question, one that I have said that I do not have the answer to, telling you how to do anything at all?

And you thing that me asking, since Harman have already said 'no', if there could maybe be another way to acheive the required effect, is showing a lack of respect and politeness?

Very sorry. I will take great care never to risk offending you again.
    Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    Harman have already made it clear several times that Pan F+ on sheet isn't viable for technical reasons.

I wasn't trying to put the idea down, only deal with the reality of the situation..

I did not try to tell you how to do anything. I asked a question:

Please tell me, how is asking a question, one that I have said that I do not have the answer to, telling you how to do anything at all?

And you thing that me asking, since Harman have already said 'no', if there could maybe be another way to acheive the required effect, is showing a lack of respect and politeness?

Very sorry. I will take great care never to risk offending you again.
    Sorry man, it was late and I was just annoyed at how many people were poopoo-ing the idea, I don't care what others say that's what I want PanF+ in 4x5 and I'll just keep asking and hoping Sorry if I was a jerk earlier.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Sorry man, ... I don't care what others say that's what I want PanF+ in 4x5 and I'll just keep asking and hoping Sorry if I was a jerk earlier.
    Nothing wrong with having a wish list, StoneNYC. If that was the criteria for being a jerk, there would be quite a few of us here!!

I wish they'd bring it out in ULF, as well as wishing for Acros 50 and Velvia 50 in 7x17".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Every year he accepts request, so that's my request, I'll keep requesting it anyway, he's never said no to me personally and as I understand the only issue is that the base is thin and he perceives that people wouldn't be happy with that, and I've said and a few others agree they would deal with having a thin base for a trial run, it's the same as Rollei IR film in thin-ness and people buy that, so if that's the only issue, he may do a run if he gets enough requests and he can use the feedback from that to see if it's worth making with the current base, anyway, please can we move on, it's just a request, I'm not trying to fight, but let me make my request and hear from Simon if he doesn't like it :-P

Realism is needed nothing is is going to change. Mirco of Fotoimpex has said similar that a slow film isn't economic so no new APX25 - key chemicals have gone.

Word in the trade is Kodak have stopped making film, they have master rolls to last 3-4 years, then it's over, just like they did with Kodachrome.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Word in the trade is Kodak have stopped making film, they have master rolls to last 3-4 years, then it's over, just like they did with Kodachrome.
    Which, if true, would be the final realization of EXACTLY what Kodak management has been saying now for years and years and years was their ultimate strategic direction.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Which, if true, would be the final realization of EXACTLY what Kodak management has been saying now for years and years and years was their ultimate strategic direction.

Ken
    Well Peres is on record saying this. His wishes are coming true.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin