Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,528   Online: 838
      
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 312
  1. #61
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    8,011
    Images
    227

    2013 ULF Manufacture From ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    She has posted here before, and to be fair the subject of Kodak's continuing film production did come up in this thread originally about Ilford and started by the Ilford representative.
    Ok my apologies for that part, still want color home kits and such.


    ~Stone

    Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  2. #62
    viridari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina [USA]
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    330
    Images
    22
    Note that she's with Kodak's third party ministry of propaganda (PR firm). This is spin control, not meaningful dialogue with someone from Kodak. They've outsource it.

  3. #63
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    8,011
    Images
    227

    2013 ULF Manufacture From ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    Note that she's with Kodak's third party ministry of propaganda (PR firm). This is spin control, not meaningful dialogue with someone from Kodak. They've outsource it.
    Well that also makes me feel justified for my comment at least thanks. Spin control haha like using a drink umbrella as a parachute


    ~Stone

    Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  4. #64
    MattKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delta, British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    12,954
    Images
    60
    Thanks for posting here Colleen - you should post more.

    In particular, we would like to see information about what is happening with Kodak products. As an example, it would be great to have heard from you that the packaging for HC-110 was changing, but the product itself will remain available.

    Now back to Ilford/Harman .
    Matt

    “Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

    Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

  5. #65
    Thomas Bertilsson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    14,560
    Images
    300

    2013 ULF Manufacture From ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

    We hope you will chime in more often, Colleen. It's so nice to hear from someone that has knowledge of the ongoings at Kodak. It is something that is sorely missed among Kodak film lovers, and the lack of communication creates a bit of a negative attitude towards them.
    There are lots of us that love the products, and are passionate about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdkrenzer View Post
    Hi Ian,

    There's no truth to that rumor. Traditional films continue to be an important part of the our product portfolio. We have worked hard to create sustainable models for the traditional portfolios, which will enable us to meet marketplace demands well into the future. If you're looking for places to purchase and/or process Kodak film, our updated our Kodak Film App for the iPhone (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/koda...568463694?mt=8) should be available by week's end. This Friday, we're also kicking off our weekly blog featuring photographers who use our films and why they love them (http://1000words.kodak.com).

    Colleen Krenzer
    PR for Kodak Film
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

    "Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

    "...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

  6. #66
    MattKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delta, British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    12,954
    Images
    60
    And by the way Colleen, I for one appreciate how important it is for Kodak and others to relate well with the public.

    Excellent public relations is important.
    Matt

    “Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

    Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,909
    Hi Everyone,

    Back from trade shows and other things, so getting around to some replies :

    Firstly, we have had a few comments such as please cut film x from 120 and cut into 5 x 4 size :

    We will never, ever do this : each ILFORD film and base is designed for the purpose and its coated on different bases for technical and performance reasons, we will never compromise QC, that can never
    happen, we are a ISO 9001 company for a very good reason, customer satisfaction depends on product performance. We have the same product guarantee's in place for ULF film as for our 'normal' products.

    ORTHO + Not coated on miniature ( 35mm base ) or 120 base : Cannot be offered, not volume viable.

    PAN F + sheet film, not currently coated : A known and quantified demand has been estimated against a development R & D project model cost and it is 'currently' not viable to coat. It is reviewed annually.

    DELTA 3200 sheet film : As above.

    70mm FP4+ / HP5+ Already in the ULF Run

    70mm Perforated film, not in the plan, not viable ( due to excessive waste )

    3 and 5 / 8ths film, It 'could' be possible, I think we would need something like 80 orders of 30m bulk lengths, just to cover the time to set and re-set the slitters it would need to be in a 'generic' box, not tubbed. I will have it checked out. It could only be one film HP5+ is my guess?

    Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

  8. #68
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    8,011
    Images
    227

    2013 ULF Manufacture From ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    Back from trade shows and other things, so getting around to some replies :

    Firstly, we have had a few comments such as please cut film x from 120 and cut into 5 x 4 size :

    We will never, ever do this : each ILFORD film and base is designed for the purpose and its coated on different bases for technical and performance reasons, we will never compromise QC, that can never
    happen, we are a ISO 9001 company for a very good reason, customer satisfaction depends on product performance. We have the same product guarantee's in place for ULF film as for our 'normal' products.

    ORTHO + Not coated on miniature ( 35mm base ) or 120 base : Cannot be offered, not volume viable.

    PAN F + sheet film, not currently coated : A known and quantified demand has been estimated against a development R & D project model cost and it is 'currently' not viable to coat. It is reviewed annually.

    DELTA 3200 sheet film : As above.

    70mm FP4+ / HP5+ Already in the ULF Run

    70mm Perforated film, not in the plan, not viable ( due to excessive waste )

    3 and 5 / 8ths film, It 'could' be possible, I think we would need something like 80 orders of 30m bulk lengths, just to cover the time to set and re-set the slitters it would need to be in a 'generic' box, not tubbed. I will have it checked out. It could only be one film HP5+ is my guess?

    Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Simon thanks!

    You make a fair point so I'll shush about PanF+ and QC thanks for answering.

    So 70mm but not perf? You referenced waste, isn't the only waste the punched emulsion "chads" ? Isn't the film production part the same between perf and non-perf?

    Thanks for any clarification on that.

    And thanks for being an awesome company!


    ~Stone

    Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Outside Portland, OR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    Back from trade shows and other things, so getting around to some replies :

    Firstly, we have had a few comments such as please cut film x from 120 and cut into 5 x 4 size :

    We will never, ever do this : each ILFORD film and base is designed for the purpose and its coated on different bases for technical and performance reasons, we will never compromise QC, that can never
    happen, we are a ISO 9001 company for a very good reason, customer satisfaction depends on product performance. We have the same product guarantee's in place for ULF film as for our 'normal' products.

    ORTHO + Not coated on miniature ( 35mm base ) or 120 base : Cannot be offered, not volume viable.

    PAN F + sheet film, not currently coated : A known and quantified demand has been estimated against a development R & D project model cost and it is 'currently' not viable to coat. It is reviewed annually.

    DELTA 3200 sheet film : As above.

    70mm FP4+ / HP5+ Already in the ULF Run

    70mm Perforated film, not in the plan, not viable ( due to excessive waste )

    3 and 5 / 8ths film, It 'could' be possible, I think we would need something like 80 orders of 30m bulk lengths, just to cover the time to set and re-set the slitters it would need to be in a 'generic' box, not tubbed. I will have it checked out. It could only be one film HP5+ is my guess?

    Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    On the PanF it sounds like from what your saying is that the demand is high enough that you wouldn't lose money on the film itself, but the sales would not make up for R&D in an exceptible time frame. If that's the case maybe this would be the perfect item to try out a crowd funding scheme on? Have the people who want it or just want to support you cover the R&D cost. You could offer "Keep calm and shoot Ilford" t-shirts or something as a backer reward.(Just spitballing here.)

    If you do decide to go with something like this, how much would it cost to figure out how to coat PanF on an appropriate sheet base? And if you decide not to do something like this, could we know the reasoning behind it? Please understand I'm not asking for an explanation because I'm angry or feel some wierd entitlement to having PanF in sheets, I'm really just curious. I've always found buisness decisions of this sort interesting. So hey, If no new film, why not make it a learning opportunity!

  10. #70
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    8,011
    Images
    227

    2013 ULF Manufacture From ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

    Quote Originally Posted by alarickc View Post
    On the PanF it sounds like from what your saying is that the demand is high enough that you wouldn't lose money on the film itself, but the sales would not make up for R&D in an exceptible time frame. If that's the case maybe this would be the perfect item to try out a crowd funding scheme on? Have the people who want it or just want to support you cover the R&D cost. You could offer "Keep calm and shoot Ilford" t-shirts or something as a backer reward.(Just spitballing here.)

    If you do decide to go with something like this, how much would it cost to figure out how to coat PanF on an appropriate sheet base? And if you decide not to do something like this, could we know the reasoning behind it? Please understand I'm not asking for an explanation because I'm angry or feel some wierd entitlement to having PanF in sheets, I'm really just curious. I've always found buisness decisions of this sort interesting. So hey, If no new film, why not make it a learning opportunity!
    Can Simon give us a bottom line? How many sheets SOLD would it take?


    ~Stone

    Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin