Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,313   Online: 1032

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Ortho Film Availibility

Hello Everyone,

I've recently become even more infatuated with the tonality range of ortho films, so I was wondering what my options are for a real film.
    So far, i've been enjoying X-Ray film, and in the past I liked lith film and paper. I realize that they won't be quite the same, but nevertheless, i want to try it.

What are my best options? Ideally i'd like to shoot something around asa 200-400 but i realize that i may have to shoot something as slow as asa 25 (way slower than x-ray film!)

Are there any relatively high speed ortho films out there? If not, what filmes ARE there at all? Has anyone tried the ilford copy film for pictorial use?

I'm interested in all formats.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There aren't many ortho films left to purchase as fresh stock. Rollei ortho, and microfilms come to mind. Kodalith pops up in bulk rolls from time to time as old expired stock, but its low sensitivity helps with storage times, and is still quite usable. Your other option is to use a normal panchromatic fast speed film, and stack on strong minus red filter to get the look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What sizes are you thinking?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I use Ilford Ortho. I have not bought any in a while because I have a large stock, but I believe it is still available in 4x5 and 8x10.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Rollei Ortho is actually out of stock, but is going back in the market in all formats in about end of March.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Ilford Ortho + sheet film is superb, it's similar in many ways to FP4+ in terms of image quality, except a slight speed difference, I used it extensively a few years ago for work.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Ortho Film Availibility

I have a can of 70mm kodalith I THINK in my freezer, I have to check to be sure.

It's very old...

Want it? Lol

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will also praise the Ilford Ortho sheet films and the Rollei Ortho25 in 35 & 120 sizes. The Ilford responds very well to changes in development- so should be well able to get you where you want. The Rollei is contrasty, but is really lovely with careful working. I've found the 120 more difficult to tame than the 35mm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wouldn't a panchromatic film and a blue or cyan filter accomplish more or less the same thing?
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin