Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,284   Posts: 1,535,066   Online: 1083

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What a shame. I wonder why?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    I purchase many items via mail order from them over the years. Hope they keep the mail order going.
    What a quaint turn of phrase "mail order" seems now. Excitedly awaiting the arrival of the catalog. Poring over the pictures and descriptions for hours on end. Carefully filling out the order form, making sure to put each letter or number in its own block. Giving the order envelope to the mailman. Excitedly waiting a couple of weeks or so for the mailman to bring the coveted item. Ripping open the package...

Maybe not as convenient as placing an internet order today and seeing the UPS truck pull up a day or two later, but perhaps more rewarding in the end.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    What a shame. I wonder why?

"In September 1999, David Montz and Darrel Porter sold the business to SDSHS Inc. Partners in this firm include Jeff Schmitt, Joe and Geri Schmitt, and Joe and Diane Dodds, owners of Rapids Wholesale Equipment of Marion, Iowa"
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Print demand (lack of) is what killed Berry's Camera here in Lafayette, IN in Dec 2012...
    And "no sales" tax sales on cameras at Amazon.

Dave's camera in South Bend seems to be thriving. as of Jan 2013 visit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin