Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,906   Online: 1070

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Shantou ERA 100 b&w film. I shoot a load of it
    From where are you getting it? (I find it impossible to track down) Or have a you a lot of freezer stock?

Shooter
    35mm
    Going back to the start of the thread....has anyone any definitive confirmation (preferably from Fuji) that they are no longer making any private label film. Or is this yet another rumour based on "something heard somewhere"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    ...has anyone any definitive confirmation (preferably from Fuji)...
    There are still four months left in the year for others to enter, but you've already got a good chance of winning the "most hilarious post of 2013" contest.

Definitive confirmation from Fuji about anything???

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    There are still four months left in the year for others to enter, but you've already got a good chance of winning the "most hilarious post of 2013" contest.

Definitive confirmation from Fuji about anything???
    I think, in that case, the award isn't due to me....it should be given to the O.P. who started speculation based on something in the Freestyle catalogue, resulting in three pages of postings nothing to do with the original issue.

As I said, yet another rumour based on "something read somewhere".....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OP said nothing about Freestyle. The comment was about Firstcall. Zim not sure what that is but since the OP is in the UK and I'm not is guess it is something there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I thought Ferrania was starting production back up? Maybe someplace else?
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    OP said nothing about Freestyle. The comment was about Firstcall. Zim not sure what that is but since the OP is in the UK and I'm not is guess it is something there.
    My apologies....my mistype, Firstcall is one of the biggest UK photo mail order suppliers, which I use extensively, so I should have known! The US suppliers are mentioned so often on here that they must be subliminably affecting my brain.

I don't think it alters what I was saying about rumours. Though some people seem to like rumours.

And, FWIW, no one seems to be able to reply to my query whether definitive proof is available.
    Last edited by railwayman3; 08-25-2013 at 11:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    I thought Ferrania was starting production back up? Maybe someplace else?
    Ferrania's own blog suggests that they hope to be able to ship film in Q1 2014, so hopefully that will be an alternative source, whether or not they supply own-brand versions.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    Going back to the start of the thread....has anyone any definitive confirmation (preferably from Fuji) that they are no longer making any private label film.
    I can not give you a definitive confirmation on anything, but a major German chain of drug stores (DM) has recently (1 or 2 months ago) changed their supplier for their house brand film. It used to be "Made in USA", now it is "Made in Asia". I'm pretty sure that the Asia-version is made by Fuji, because the film cans are identical to Fujis and the catridges are identical to Rossmann's (their main competitor) house brand film which is labelled "Made in Japan". So I'm assuming Fuji is still active in the rebranding game.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One small defect there is that "Asia" is not a country.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin