Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,802   Online: 1068

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can expose any name you like onto the rebate. And typography would only be a very weak hint.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    You can expose any name you like onto the rebate. And typography would only be a very weak hint.
    It gave away Arista Premium and Legacy Pro very easily. I'm not interested in the name. I'm interested in the font characteristics. They don't usually go out of their way to obscure this.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    Those were the days!
    Empire Made would mean any part of the Empire outside of the British Isles. From Australia to Kenya to India to Canada etcetera, depending on the date of the camera and the different national independence dates and trade agreements and so on.

Clearly we are not talking about the Roman Empire, or that of Genghis Khan - which may have been larger in land-area but was a bit short of cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    I'm not interested in the name. I'm interested in the font characteristics. They don't usually go out of their way to obscure this.
    Of course, AGFA film packing machinery was sold by AFGA to Harmon/Ilford and after AGFA photo closed down Maco got one set, and their was possibly another one in the wild. Both original Agfa film and Ilford film use similar typography. In fact I believe the PREVIOUS generation of both also had matching typefaces as Agfa supplied Ilfords PREVIOUS packing line.

Not to say that someone doing private label today may follow the lead of others and have every step done by various contractors. I am sure if you called up Simon Galley and said you had a master roll of film that you wanted packaged, and could come to terms on the cost and so forth. he might be able to arrange to fit it into the schedule. The Edge printing, spools and end caps of the finished product would look quite similar to Ilford's own products, but of course the deal would have to guarantee that it was clear the product was not from Moberly. Maco no doubt would be even more willing to make such a deal. And I suspect that in China there are folks who would even be happy to build machinery to produce you order. (just look at the Lomography 110 film for example)
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Excellent post, Charles , thank you.

Umut

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin