Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,632   Online: 741

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Fuji not supplying OEM film any more?

According to the Firstcall catalogue their Tudor range of films is being discontinued as Fuji have decided to stop all "private label" films, is this true seems suicidal to me and a real shame since I love being able to get Fuji C200 (or maybe Superia 200, I'm not sure if Fuji still make two 200 speed emulations anymore) from a place called Poundland here in the UK for the pricey some of one pound. It's the cheapest price by far I've been able to get a semi decent emultion for that price for years, and I fear I'm digressing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fuji not supplying OEM film any more?

Suicidal? What do you mean? I imagine it was no longer profitable....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Tudor is/was one of the large consumer photo-processing services in the UK, who, like many others such as Bonusprint, Truprint, Lloyds, Boots, etc., supplied their own private-label films. Clearly consumer demand for analog "D&P" is much reduced, so it is not surprising that some of these private-label films have vanished from the scene.

(I don't have the current Firstcall printed catalogue, but I cannot find any statement on their website that Tudor is discontinued?)

Whatever the position with Tudor, it doesn't follow that Fuji have ceased all private-label manufacture. I would like to see see definitive confirmation direct from Fuji before another set of "discontinuation" rumours is started.
    Last edited by railwayman3; 03-14-2013 at 12:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As far as I know there never was a press release by Fuji saying that they are converting their films for private-labels.
    Thus I don't expect a statement on a discontinuation of such practise.

Shooter
    35mm
    If it's true, I wonder who will make the colour films for Agfa Photo (Lupus Imaging & Media) in future?.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We then still would have Kodak with their private-label supply.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak has stopped selling private lable B&W, wounder if they will sell private lable color? Now that the oprhaned rolls of Konica, Agfa and Ferrina are gone and only Kodak and Fuji marketing color film, at least in the US, I dont know if they see any reason to sell private label. The last Lucky I have seen was in Walmart disposable cameras, but have seen rolls of Lucky in several years.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    [...]wounder if they will sell private lable color?[...]
    They do since several years at least in Germany.
    Regards,
    Andreas

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    The last Lucky I have seen was in Walmart disposable cameras, but have seen rolls of Lucky in several years.
    Lucky ceased production of colour Film last year.

Shooter
    35mm
    What about the Lomography people - they are supposed to have secured their own production - perhaps they have got access to the Lucky colour facilities? There is also a 35mm colour film called Sunny emanating from China in 100 & 200 ISO speeds. The box & canister is quite different from Lucky so it's not clear who makes that. Even more intriguing, I recently came across a 35mm colour print film with the strange name of My Heart. It can be got from sellers in China on ebay, but it's not necessarily made there. I purchased three rolls but not yet used them. The film offers 27 exposures, 200 ISO and surprisingly is not DX coded. Everything on the box is in English but no manufacturer or country of origin is given. Again the canister differs from those used by Sunny & Lucky so maybe there is yet another mystery manufacturer? Maybe it emanates from the rumoured facility in North Korea? Some N.Korean products apparently find their way to the Chinese market. I just hope the film is frame numbered! But I don't suppose any of these people, whoever they are, will be stepping in Fuji's shoes to supply private label films!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin