Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,295   Online: 882

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    It seems the pattern is, someone posts a rumor about the end of a film product.

Then a dozen people scream and chastise the messenger.

Then the product actually disappears.

The exact same pattern happened with Kodak plus-x.

I am inclined to believe the rumors since not one has turned out to be false.

If one likes Neopan 400 they would be wise to stock up.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post

The exact same pattern happened with Kodak plus-x.

I am inclined to believe the rumors since not one has turned out to be false.

If one likes Neopan 400 they would be wise to stock up.
    I always wanted to try Neopan 400, but alas, I shoot 120 size film.

Shooter
    35mm

You might be right. It's just that in this case the rumour doesn't seem to be from any official/reliable source and even more strangely we had a very comprehensive thread on the re-introduction of this film very recently when a APUGer spoke with a Fuji spokesman at I think Photokina.

If Fuji has spent the money to re-launch and then within months decided not to continue then heaven help it as it would seem that its decision making is every bit as short-sighted and flawed as Kodak's was/is said to be

pentaxuser

Shooter
    127 Format
    Maybe Fuji found a frozen master roll squirreled away that they used for their re-launch and now it's been used up?

The next few weeks will tell for sure.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Maybe Fuji found a frozen master roll squirreled away that they used for their re-launch and now it's been used up?

The next few weeks will tell for sure.
    Now I am very worried about Fuji. It suddenly discovers a roll it didn't think it had( great inventory control ) and then makes up a story about a re-launch for Photokina.

Nothing is impossible but if your theory is correct it prompts the famous question: "Would you buy a second-hand car from a company like this?"

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I thought Neopan 400 just came back

I have frozen a decent amount of Neopan 400 in 35mm and 120, and a number of bulk rolls of Neopan Presto too (and Super Presto). But this thread made me hesitate yesterday when I discovered a 120 roll of Neopan 400 in a camera bag I had not used in a while.....so I set that aside for another time and shot a roll of Agfapan 25 instead (yes, Agfapan 25 not APX25).
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I will beleive the rumor that Neopan 400 is revied when I get a roll with a Emusion number higher than 281xxx (I have seen 281001 to 281006) Since the 281 part is what appers in the edge print, I assume that is the bacth number and the other three digets are the master roll, (or something simalar).

The 281 film I have received now spans about a years worth of expiry dates. For comparison the Legacy Pro 400 was all 271xxx and 275xxx. That I still have a few rolls of in my fridge but plan to finish it off this summer before it gets too stale.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fuji could put all this to rest by actually communicating with their customers and putting out press releases about what is available and what isn't.

Like you know, every other company on earth.

I haven't purchased a single roll of Fuji film since they stopped Neopan 400 in 120 size. I wasn't so much angry they stopped production, I was and still am angry that they insisted to me over and over and over again that it was NOT discontinued. I would have stocked up on it but I had faith that multiple representatives from Fuji insisting they had no plans to stop production knew what they were talking about.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Here's a reply from Fujifilm in Japan.
    Apparently the 24exp is discontinued while the 36exp will go on.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    Here's a reply from Fujifilm in Japan.
    Apparently the 24exp is discontinued while the 36exp will go on.
    But is that the situation just in Japan...how about the rest of the world (the poster on RFF is based in Japan, and Fuji's reply is in Japanese)?

I wonder why we bother with companies which fail to communicate clearly, when we have Ilford/Harman (and Adox).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin