Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,801   Online: 666

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    My credit card was out of my wallet too! :-)
    Sorry Rich.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Fuji still gives us more films than anyone else on Earth
    Well said! Much respect to Fujifilm.

Shooter
    35mm
    So it's back again only this time it really didn't go away!
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder whether Fujifilm could be convinced to do a special run of 120 for Neopan 400. Of course, only they know what it would cost and whether it would be worth while. I have actually stopped using Neopan 400 in 35 mm because the 120 doesn't exist. For me it is just easier to standardise on something that is available in both formats. Although it is a very nice film (I still have around 7 or 8 rolls 135 lying around), the alternatives are not particularly bad themselves. Ultimately, there is little I can't get done between HP5+, TriX and TMY400. If the Kodak goes away, I'll try Delta 400. Japanese company culture is somewhat obscure to me, but it seems rather difficult to communicate as customer to those that make decisions. Their companies have more layers than do onions or ogres. The European companies are smaller and far flatter in structure, so communication is fast and effective. While film in the 80's and 90's might have benefitted from the hierarchical system, I think it is now at a point where the future of film lies in the hands of smaller entities that can respond to their user base efficiently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My credit card was out of my wallet too! :-)
    You should keep an eye out on eBay, there was this Australian guy selling his personal stock a few weeks back, he had hundreds of Neopan 400 in 120 for sale, I bought around 40 rolls from him.
    Price was a little higher than your typical average B&H price for Acros, but considering this was stored cool, pretty new exp-dates (2012) and that you can't really get hold of any anymore, then IMO it was a bargain.
    - Still a little uneasy that I didn't just purchase 60 rolls, but I am a low-volume guy, so 40 + the ones I had, lands me on around 50 rolls of Neopan 400 120 in total.

If you keep a lookout on the bay for a while, you'll ramp up 20-30 rolls pretty quickly. (for a price )
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I thought Neopan 400 just came back

Unfortunately what shows on the websites and the reality of actual production has proven hit and miss in the past....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Unfortunately what shows on the websites and the reality of actual production has proven hit and miss in the past....
    And Even taht website is a bit strange, the datasheet link for that film actually yields a datasheet for fuji Instant film -- IN GERMAN? so the rest of the page may not have been checked for accuracy.

(BTW, I just bought 10 more rolls of the 35 off B&H and they were still emulsion 281. )
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin