Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,102   Online: 1039

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    So we're celebrating a relabeling of stuff we could already get anyway?
    If it's the Kentmere material, I think the availability in larger formats is actually new.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    Remind me again--where can I get Kentmere sheet film at bargain prices?
    So we have the prices?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    So we have the prices?
    I think he's saying that you can't get Kentmere sheet film, period. I'm anxious to find out the cost too.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    I think he's saying that you can't get Kentmere sheet film, period. I'm anxious to find out the cost too.
    True enough. Wonder if it will be similarly priced to Arista EDU stuff. Frankly B&H prices for Ilford 4x5 is not bad and the savings vs Arista is not enough for me based on the quality.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agreed, I liked the Legacy and Arista Premium (fuji and kodak relabels) a lot, but the only experience I've ever had with Foma films has resulted in short striated scratches in the emulsion (it was Foma 200 Creative in 120), and swore I'd never use Foma film again. That said, I LOVE the Foma papers, especially the Fomatone MG.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Foma had some particular QC issues with the 200. They still aren't Kodak or Ilford, but I've not had any QC problems with their film. 120 curls pretty badly but is certainly manageable.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Exactly. A new high quality bargain-priced sheet film is a big deal if you shoot large format. I've found Fomapan (aka Arista EDU Ultra) sheet film to be fine for contact prints, but compared to Ilford products, there's a lot of inclusions in the emulsion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford has made it very clear that they will no longer sell re-branded versions of any of their products, including Ilford and Kentmere products. They will, however manufacture to specification.

So it isn't Kentmere, although it may have some similarities to other products, including Kentmere.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How many manufacturers are there in the United Kingdom who make film and paper? Has there been any movements of photographic equipment machinery into the United Kingdom? If and I say if it is an existing manufacturer then do they have the capability for increasing production to supply an entirely new comprehensive line of photographic supplies? What defines "popular sheet film sizes"? What could be better than being able to buy at any time a ULF film? The only 11x14 that's available for immediate purchase is not entirely suitable for Carbon Transfer without extreme development measures. This announcement comes at a time when many are sizing up resources for the yearly Ilford Harmon run. What's the most expensive part of any business or endeavor, time.

Manufactured in the United Kingdom under strict direction by Freestyle, we bring you a new black and white film in 100 and 400 ISO. Available in 35mm, 120 size and popular sheet film sizes, these new films are sure to satisfy the most discriminating of photographic artists while maintaining that low Freestyle value price point.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    What defines "popular sheet film sizes"?
    Arista EDU Ultra is available in 4x5, 5x7, and 8x10--I wouldn't expect anything beyond this for sizes. I'd love to see 11x14 film, but I don't think the sales volume justifies it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin