Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,419   Online: 1045

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know the mechanics and economics of cutting sheet film to size, but I think 2x3 would be also be a good choice. I know that Ilford used to provide this size. I don't think there are many options outside of Freestyle, which lists (but is out of stock of) Arista EDU Ultra in that size.

No doubt it's a small market for 2x3, but I suspect highly concentrated. In fact, I'm sure that 86.973% of 2x3 film users frequent APUG and/or LFF.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's wrong with supporting the ULF community?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In their new magazine, Freestyle mentions they are willing to offer popular ULF sizes as well, if the sales goes well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just noticed that Freestyle has their Arita EDU film and paper line marked down. Maybe it is going away to be replaced my the Silver line of film and paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Humm, it is marked down very slightly with an "instant rebate" but not on their clearance page. And some of it is listed as low stock now, call for inventory. And the 2.25x3.25 100 is listed as out of stock with delivery expected Jun 7. That would be odd if they're going to stop offering it, unless maybe the new stuff won't come in that size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe Freestyle had advanced insider knowledge of the recent Kodak deal with the UK pensioners and THAT is the real source of this new film. ??
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unlikely, since Kodak film production is to remain in the US at Rochester with the new company just selling and distributing. Since this says it's made in the UK the overwhelming odds are that it's coated or going to be coated by Harman.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    When newly announced analog products, that have never been released, are already discontinued, it might be time to find another hobby..../*sarcasm*/

Below from FS. In all seriousness, I hope they can pull this off, their efforts are always appreciated. A great company, sorry to hear of the setback below...

The Silver Collection By Arista
    May 22, 2013

We have reached a temporary impasse with the manufacturer of "The Silver Collection, by Arista," but rest assured we are continually working on ways to create additional black and white products to maximize your photographic options. Our primary goal is to support as many traditional photographic manufacturers as possible and to keep black and white films and papers not only readily available, but also affordable. Even though the Silver products may not be forthcoming at this time, we will continue to work with manufacturers that are fully committed to our primary goal. Please continue to check our website for upcoming new product introductions.
    Per
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/press-...ection-impasse

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well...wonder if they will continue to carry the rebranded Foma? I'm not sure what the paper is, tried and wasn't crazy about it, but I like to shoot some Foma and their store brand makes it fun to play with. If I had to pay name brand Foma prices, even from NY, I probably wouldn't bother and would shoot only Kodak/Ilford/Fuji.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Well...wonder if they will continue to carry the rebranded Foma? I'm not sure what the paper is, tried and wasn't crazy about it, but I like to shoot some Foma and their store brand makes it fun to play with. If I had to pay name brand Foma prices, even from NY, I probably wouldn't bother and would shoot only Kodak/Ilford/Fuji.
    They sell several different papers under the Arista label. I really like the Private Reserve which is a little more pricey than their Ultra label

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin