Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,516   Online: 1093

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Temporary impasse" and "may not be forthcoming" sound quite different to me. This sounds too much to me like corporate-speak for "it all fell apart and the deal is DOA"....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The rebranded foma 200 is a great deal...something like $63/box for fifty sheets of 5x7...
    Been using along w tri-x and it works very nice...has its own flavor
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockcoulee View Post
    They sell several different papers under the Arista label. I really like the Private Reserve which is a little more pricey than their Ultra label
    Well yeah - that's repackaged Adox and good paper. It was the RC edu ultra I didn't care for even though I use RC mainly for contact proofs (and a few 8x10s.)

Shooter
    35mm
    How many manufacturers are there in the United Kingdom who make film and paper? Has there been any movements of photographic equipment machinery into the United Kingdom?

In reply to that question there may be two. Ilford (Harman) obviously but Kodak continues to coat colour paper in the UK. Until some years ago, the factory here also coated a range of colour & monochrome Kodak films until production of the films seemed to be moved to China (for colour for a short period) and USA (with packing in Mexico). Whether the UK factory still has all the equipment to coat & finish films I've no idea, and having said all that I strongly suspect Harman are making the Freestyle range.

Just looked at the Freestyle site & there seems to be some kind of problem with the "Silver Collection". See:-

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/press-...ection-impasse

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin