Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,380   Online: 837

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Not seen any film at all in Tesco. Sainsbury, Morrison or any of the big supermarkets for at least a year (used to look for any cheapy end-of-range stuff, but even that has gone).
    Boots may have some color neg (in an emergency), but have not seen any Ilford in our local branches for a year or so.
    £1-a-roll Agfa Vista 200 is sometimes in Poundland, but don't rely on them having stock.
    Best follow others advice and organise something via mail order, then you'll get exactly what you want without wasting time.

Edit - Royal Mail offer a "guaranteed next day delivery" service, but the postage is relatively expensive.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    order from ag photographic. if you order before 1pm it will be with you the following day. ilford films are £3.48 a roll! i defy you to find film cheaper! i dont work there by the way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfbiffherb View Post
    ilford films are £3.48 a roll!
    not on the pages I'm looking at ... HP5 for instance is 4.79 or 3.98 respectively for 135 & 120, and even buying in 10s won't get near the price you're quoting; I can't see any of the other Ilford films at Ag for 3.48 either.

Or are you suggesting this is an ex-VAT price and rattymouse may be able to get a VAT rebate?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is your car allowed to stop on the way from Heathrow to Bury? If you're traveling during office hours there are places on the way where you could stop off for supplies.

Shooter
    35mm
    It seems to be the case now that supermarkets here no longer stock film, or if they do it certainly won't be black & white film. Branches of Boots are the most likely places in towns to stock film, now that camera shops are rapidly disappearing. Whether they have black & white I don't know. They certainly used to carry some Ilford & sometimes Kodak. There is a Boots in Bury St Edmunds at 11-13 Cornhill. Why not phone them from London and see what they have? Tel 01284 701516.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    It seems to be the case now that supermarkets here no longer stock film, or if they do it certainly won't be black & white film. Branches of Boots are the most likely places in towns to stock film, now that camera shops are rapidly disappearing. Whether they have black & white I don't know. They certainly used to carry some Ilford & sometimes Kodak. There is a Boots in Bury St Edmunds at 11-13 Cornhill. Why not phone them from London and see what they have? Tel 01284 701516.
    Don't rely on Boots having any particular film without checking first....I'm in their large branches in Nottingham and Sheffield fairly regularly and the stocks of any film (rarely more than half-a-dozen B&W) are minimal, at least on the shelves. My two smaller local branches now stock only basic consumer color negative. But perhaps you could ask if they can order some in for you to pick up at a specific time?

Shooter
    35mm
    Tesco near me sell packs of three Fuji C200 for £8. Two high-street stores of Boots sell both Kodak and Fuji and own-brand but they only ever display about three rolls of each at a time. Boots currently have a buy one, get one half price offer on film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin