Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,444   Online: 1040

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sorry, need another recommendation (UK Film source)

I thought I'd get my film in the UK instead of Paris. Problem is, I dont know where. I land in London Heathrow and then immediately get taken by car to a small town called Bury St. Edmund. Can I get Ilford film in any ol' Tesco shop? I could make do with just Ilford film but would prefer some Fuji color film like 400H or Provia 400X. Where might I find something like that in a small town? And what might the cost/roll be?

Thank you very much.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Your best bet would be to order online from Silverprint or Process Supplies (both based in London) and get it sent to your address in Bury St. Edmund. The train from Bury St. Edmund to London (via Ipswich) take a bit more than 2 hours and is expensive - so not worth it unless you want to visit London as well.

Silverprint:

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/

Process Supplies:

http://www.processuk.net/

Also, if you are spending a bit of time in the UK, you should check out the UK-based Film and Darkroom Users Forum:

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...front_page.php

Bests,

David
    www.dsallen.de

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You'll be extremely lucky to find anything like that in "bricks and mortar" in the UK outside London, or the larger cities.

. You might get some Fuji C200 or suchlike in Tesco, or if you're very lucky indeed perhaps some " consumer" Kodak or Fuji in a large branch of Boots.

I'd guess your best bet is to get hold of Silverprint or Ag Photo or one of the other larger UK etailers, explain your situation and see if they are willing to take order for delivery to Bury.

Shooter
    35mm
    You could try doing an Internet search for camera or photographic shops in or near Bury St Edmunds. I'm not familiar with that area, but you never know what might be nearby. Apologies if you have already tried this! Alex

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a Poundland shop in Bury St. Edmund at:
    Bury St Edmunds
    24-26 Cornhill
    Bury St. Edmunds
    Suffolk
    IP33 1DY

They normally sell Agfaphoto Vista+ 200 for £1/roll. They also have shops on nearby Cambridge, Newmarket, Thetford and Ipswich.
    It seems there is a Jessops there, but I wouldn't expect them to have film and, even if they have, it would be on the expensive side.
    There might be some other shops selling film.
    My suggestion is to mail order from AG Photographic, Silverprint, Discount Films Direct or Mailshots.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM2N, 10
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Can I get Ilford film in any ol' Tesco shop? I could make do with just Ilford film but would prefer some Fuji color film like 400H or Provia 400X.
    Film from Tesco - Definitely not. You might find a 99p store with a few rolls of 35mm, but don't count on it.. (one quick phonecall later) Sneezums, 10 Cornhill, Bury St. Edmunds carry stocks of FP4+, HP5+, and some Kodak (in 35mm only). Typical price for FP4+ is £5.99 (35mm 36exp) and £7.03 (120 roll).

If you an get a little further up the road to Norwich, we can find a wider selection for you, including Fuji - The cheapest shop for Ilford in Norwich is only open four days a week and is closing for a short period at the end of the month. PM me if you need any further help in that area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Film from Tesco - Definitely not. You might find a 99p store with a few rolls of 35mm, but don't count on it.. (one quick phonecall later) Sneezums, 10 Cornhill, Bury St. Edmunds carry stocks of FP4+, HP5+, and some Kodak (in 35mm only). Typical price for FP4+ is £5.99 (35mm 36exp) and £7.03 (120 roll).

If you an get a little further up the road to Norwich, we can find a wider selection for you, including Fuji - The cheapest shop for Ilford in Norwich is only open four days a week and is closing for a short period at the end of the month. PM me if you need any further help in that area.
    PM sent!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    There is a Poundland shop in Bury St. Edmund at:
    Bury St Edmunds
    24-26 Cornhill
    Bury St. Edmunds
    Suffolk
    IP33 1DY

They normally sell Agfaphoto Vista+ 200 for £1/roll. They also have shops on nearby Cambridge, Newmarket, Thetford and Ipswich.
    It seems there is a Jessops there, but I wouldn't expect them to have film and, even if they have, it would be on the expensive side.
    There might be some other shops selling film.
    My suggestion is to mail order from AG Photographic, Silverprint, Discount Films Direct or Mailshots.
    How long to ship a mail order delivery?

Shooter
    35mm
    It depends on Post Office or courier. Standard deliveries normally take 1-3 days. I've had them delivered in less than 24 hours, but I'm in London.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM2N, 10
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I second, (third?) the recommendation to place an order online or even over the phone and get them to deliver to wherever you are staying. Most suppliers will do express 24hour delivery, although usually a bit more expensive. I think you will be given the run-around trying to find film over the counter.

How about http://www.harmanexpress.com/ for Ilford?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin