Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,095   Online: 815

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Panchromatic b&w paper in sheets

ILFORD ILFOSPEED RC DIGITAL cut up in Sheets:

http://www.ultrafineonline.com/ilrcdibwpafo.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Now that is cool. What differences would I expect to see if I use this paper with color negs in a traditional analog enlarger?
    Last edited by PeterB; 06-29-2013 at 05:31 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Basically you would gain a b&w print similar to that made on standard b&w paper from a panchromatic b&w negative.

You could also use it as negative acting taking material in a camera instead of negative film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That is impressive. Similar to Kodak's Panalure? I long lamented it's demise. So would it be possible to control contrast ? I normally use factorial development with FB papers with Dektol.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Similar to Kodak's Panalure?
    Yes.

So would it be possible to control contrast ?
    Colour Contrast.

Search at Apug for ILFORD ILFOSPEED RC DIGITAL.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    John, I read your recent posts here but I have no idea what "direct positive reversal process" means. Can you please define it for me ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This might sound rather naive, but if you just used this Ilford Ilfospeed RC Digital directly in the camera why not just develop, (stop) and then fix it ? Why the need to perform a reversal with this paper ???? Surely you will end up with a positive image without reversing it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    it's expose the "film" paper, whatever--in a camera then you do a standard black and white reversal process: develop, bleach, re-expose and re-develop and fix
    you end up with a positive image on the paper or film or whatever was in the camera--if paper, you have a positive image--if film, you have a transparancy for projection or put on a light box to have lit lit from behind...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    This might sound rather naive, but if you just used this Ilford Ilfospeed RC Digital directly in the camera why not just develop, (stop) and then fix it ? Why the need to perform a reversal with this paper ???? Surely you will end up with a positive image without reversing it.
    Oops no you won't . My bad. And I'm not even tired right now.

I think I might consider requesting a box of 11"x14" is cut up, from http://www.ultrafineonline.com/ilrcdibwpafo.html.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I couldn't find any ideas on how to reduce the contrast when developing this paper (assume exposing a colour neg in a traditional analog enlarger). Perhaps it is only possible using a low contrast paper developer as per here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I didn't realise/think that the ilfospeed RC digital came in different grades.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin