Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,656   Online: 1225

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Uuhhh... Where did you get the idea that there are profitable businesses selling APX film in this fashion?! If Macodirect is demanding at least a $39.50 order I would be shocked if people where profitably filling out customs forms for a couple of rolls of film.
    I think you have no idea how a business being conduct. Your business idea is to separate a fool from his Money. Discusting , putting you to ignore list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I think you have no idea how a business being conduct. Your business idea is to separate a fool from his Money. Discusting , putting you to ignore list.
    I don't own a film retailer. I pay the fees just like everyone else. Just because I don't enjoy reality doesn't mean I can simply deny its existence.

A 3 oz document would cost you $3.00 to send from the US to Istanbul. You can look this up on the USPS website. I am not aware of anyone cheaper. I know sometimes things like airplane tickets are cheaper to buy from certain countries so even if you are flying on the same plane people can pay two different prices simply because of their geographic locations. Maybe the same is true for postal services. Your problem is you need someone outside of Turkey to send you something. Unfortunately they can't get the same deals residents of Turkey get.

Like I said though I would love to get film for 7 euros shipping. Even if we don't hit that 7 Euro target I hope someone can post some alternatives to the $40 I was quoted.

Shooter
    35mm
    Umut,

A solution may be to buy from a seller offering free UK shipping and then get it sent on. This seller for example is reputable. I cannot promise shipping under €7, but that camera I posted to you didn't cost very much, although I was a bit lighter than 10 rolls.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Double post, sorry.
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 07-05-2013 at 12:01 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Sorry for double post.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello Steve,

Thank you very much for your kind help offer. Every month I am spending to my hobbies more and more. So no Money to spend on others. I have no ability to buy 10 rolls of film and I have no subject also. I am living in an apartment which been put in a small forest and I am spending time in home and around 300 meters. No nude women to photograph , no mountain nor rocks , no people for Street photography etc.
    I am seeing others pictures and than want for myself also.
    If I find something useful , I will try to request your help.
    Thank you very much,
    Umut

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    Uuhhh... Where did you get the idea that there are profitable businesses selling APX film in this fashion?! If Macodirect is demanding at least a $39.50 order I would be shocked if people where profitably filling out customs forms for a couple of rolls of film.
    Apparently there is profitable business in making precise electronic scales, packing them, filling out customs forms, bringing them to Europe and sending them all the way to my home, altogether for 7 Euros. It may be hard to comprehend for many here but these 40 Euros minimum order is more than a week's salary in many parts of this world.

As far as Umut's immediate issue is concerned, I have no immediate answer for him. Ideally he teams together with a few other film users from Istanbul or Turkey and places a bulk order, or he finds someone to bring that film with him to Turkey and mail it from there.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    35mm
    There are film delers in Thiland and Hong Kong, who take advantage of the relative low postage costs there to ship stuff cheeply. These folks do most ofthe business on ebay with names like "Film Carnival" did not see any APX in their listings lately.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    that camera I posted to you didn't cost very much, although I was a bit lighter than 10 rolls.
    I posted a camera body to Istanbul a few years ago and it was just under five euros so it shouldn't cost much to end film.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Svi

Shooter
    35mm
    I can confirm about the "Film Carnival" store on the big auction site. The actual name of the seller is "films-festival" and I have ordered Fuji color films several times. I made the orders just below the customs limit and the final price was very reasonable.

P.S. I have also used the way already suggested by other people. Via the local forums we group and place one order to maco and then divide the shipping price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The problem lies in the fact that assured international sendings from Germany are expensive. Unassured is about the half price.
    Almost any company will accept to send only assured. (Although some of them begin to change their mind, they realise that the ratio of lost packages is below the profit gaining new costumers.)
    On the other side, even assured shipping inside Germany is cheap. Besides, most film retailers ship at even more reduced cost or at no cost at all inside Germany. (Calumet is at no cost, Maco with reduced costs.)

Germany has a very large turkish population. Maybe you could find somebody from family or friends living in Germany who can order the films for you and send them to you as an unassured package.

If not, try another sellers from Germany, I know at about 30 of them I would recommend. Compare shipping cost.
    I also know some who send unassured outside Germany, but I must look through my lists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin