Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,670   Posts: 1,481,781   Online: 1049

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    The Council was formed a bunch of years ago to sorta keep tabs on trolls, fights, and other issues that arose from time to time among members. When those issues were identified, the moderators were informed and they would alert the death squads!

(PS: Good tip on the parchment paper.)
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just make sure you are using parchment paper and not wax paper - ask me how I know.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kehler View Post
    Just make sure you are using parchment paper and not wax paper - ask me how I know.

Ha!! Ouch!!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    @Tom1956: The Council was formed a bunch of years ago to sorta keep tabs on trolls, fights, and other issues that arose from time to time among members. When those issues were identified, the moderators were informed and they would alert the death squads! [/QUOTE]

Thanks. Let me know if you need another enforcer. I'm sure we can arrive at a reasonable rate per hit. I've devised all sorts of innovative ways of taking care of spammers and scammers. You track their location and send me my assignment. Satisfaction guaranteed. In fact that's our motto: "You track 'em, and we whack 'em".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post

Thanks. Let me know if you need another enforcer. I'm sure we can arrive at a reasonable rate per hit. I've devised all sorts of innovative ways of taking care of spammers and scammers. You track their location and send me my assignment. Satisfaction guaranteed. In fact that's our motto: "You track 'em, and we whack 'em".
    Um....er....thanks Tom! I'm sure we'll be in touch....I'll call you. Remind me not to piss you off!!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom1956,

I'd just like to add to Johns' comments. For our diligence and service we are each rewarded with a reserved parking space at headquarters in New Zealand and eat lunch in the Executive dining room while their.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about the old-timer's stand-by?

Hairspray (very) lightly applied across the cover glass for clamped contact prints. A single can of spray (a lifetime supply) sure beats the cost of large sheets of AN glass. Especially if you accidentally break them. And the coating is easily removed and reapplied too, if needed.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I agree with Ken. I installed thousands of slides to the drums of drum scanners and I know much of the art. But vaseline , paraffin , sprays are good methods to apply on clean quartz tubes. Because they are very easy to clean. But when it comes to spraying or oiling expensive gear , may be things changes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Speaking of parchment paper, it makes a decent emergency ground-glass substitute. It's especially good for checking infinity focus on old rollfilm cameras: cut a strip a couple feet long to the width of the film you're using (in this case it was 3-5/8" for 122), spool it on a pair of spools, and wind it tightly. Then open the shutter and focus right on the paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    The other item that works equally well for vastly less money is parchment paper for baking. It replaces 'release' paper that sells for way too much, and I reuse the two sheets I need scores of times before starting with new ones. It works perfectly, and dry mounting is done at a much lower temperature than the 350+ degrees used for baking.
    Now you tell me I just bought a roll of release paper that will last me a few lifetimes (long live reincarnation)!
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin