Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,298   Online: 841

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Firstly: We are now attending to the KENTMERE website to bring it up to date.

Second: For those who liked the discontinued product, we are very, very sorry.

The KENTMERE and ILFORD brands are obviously very different, we discontinued this product as it was no longer viable to coat due to the low volumes sold. The ILFORD range of film and paper products have never had a product range deleted* since HARMAN technology Limited took over, and we have only added NEW products, this is our clearly stated committment to analog photography WE KEEP ALL ILFORD branded products.

* I am sure you will come back at me with ILFORD Cooltone Paper Dev, technically that was a 'NEW product' that never reached profitability and was pulled. Also I am aware some individual items eg sizes or sheet number choices may have been deleted.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks again Simon. You can tell your superiors that because of your presence on this forum, you have gained a-many loyal customers, including myself. Sad to see Kentmere go, but WT FB is still the all time fav.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Ruh-roh. Based on Drew Wiley's recommendation I was planning to try it for a colder toned paper. Oh well.
    You're still a bit of cash ahead of me:

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ...Oh well, I probably just bought my first and last package of Kentmere Fineprint FB. At least you've announced its discontinuation before I set up the temporarily-converted-bathroom-darkroom next week and try printing on it. Money wasted but not time...
    Want to buy a 25-sheet 8x10 package, 7 sheets of which I'd already split into 14 5x8s?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    ...For those who liked the discontinued product, we are very, very sorry...
    Drew Wiley hasn't visited APUG since one day before this thread was started. From another, earlier thread on a different subject:

Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Dear Simon - if you had simply produced Kentmere Fineprint and MGWT a couple centuries earlier, we would have been perfectly content over here and never have claimed independence to begin with ... just be forewarned that if you ever ever discontinue either of these wonderful products it will probably constitute grounds for a third world war!
    Simon, I'd start construction on that bunker before Drew returns to APUG from wherever he is at the moment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Damn, my favourite from the look.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Simon - why not advertise it instead? Nobody knew about it. One of the best papers ever made ... and apparently there goes the last premium cold tone paper on the market. MG IV doesn't even come close to its richness.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does any one know how well this paper lasts in storage? I am one who usually buys only enough paper to last me for a year or less so I go through a it before it gets too old. In the past I did a stock up when Kodak Polycontrast paper was being phased out but it started to go bad before I used it all.

On the other hand I have used have used different Kodak papers that were over 40 years old and were perfect.

So what the oldest pack of THIS type of Kentmere paper that someone has used and how was it.
    I would guess the RC and Fiber versions would last the same amount of time so if you only know about the RC paper still post what you know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used some that was 4 years (maybe) more and it didn't have any noticeable fog. Much better storage live than forte polygrade........
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    The KENTMERE and ILFORD brands are obviously very different, we discontinued this product as it was no longer viable to coat due to the low volumes sold. The ILFORD range of film and paper products have never had a product range deleted* since HARMAN technology Limited took over, and we have only added NEW products, this is our clearly stated committment to analog photography WE KEEP ALL ILFORD branded products.
    First, thanks for the communique. I understand and accept that you have to be profitable to stay in business. I admire your company's commitment to analog photography and support you in the best way I know how--by buying your products (it helps that you make very good products) Analog photographers are a hardy lot (we have a community website) and we will adjust, albeit grudgingly!
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    VC FB paper will keep for a minimum of 5 years provided it is stored correctly, namely in a cool dry place ( it does not have to be frozen but that can extend the life ).

The product itself post that sort of period can build base fog and loose sensitivity and top end contrast as well as D.Max.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    The ILFORD range of film and paper products have never had a product range deleted
    Simon
    Could you say what is the production status of Ilford PAN 100 and 400, please? Have they been discontinued? There isn't any information about these films on your website.

A couple of suggestions for your consideration:
    If this Kentmere paper can't be produced continuously, how about adding it to the annual ULF run? Tell people what is the minimum order for a production run, and lets see what is the response! Advertise on your website and let people know.
    I can't figure out why a film made in the UK sells for a higher price than one made elsewhere. I'm talking specifically about Kentmere films. Until last year they were sold at competitive prices at the retail point and about the same as other films of same quality from the continent. Then the retail price jumped to about £1 more per roll, where others had a smaller price increase.
    Could I suggest doing some form of seasonal discount for these films? I would love to buy "local produce", but with prices higher than the competition, I can't afford it!
    Thank you!
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin