Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,892   Online: 1112

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    just ordered 100 8x10 sheets from harman express.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks again, Sal. My negs are very consistent, so I can certainly get by with Gr3 Galerie if necessary. I haven't used it in a long time, but
    assume that it's still similar to the old days. Otherwise I'll try to stockpile a couple years worth of Fineprint. I still have a tiny bit of true old
    Seagull G20x24 on hand! ... wonder if it's still any good? I've grown accustomed to the convenience of VC papers, esp when switching between
    different formats in the same printing session. But since I cut my teeth on graded it's no big deal. The occasional high contrast anomaly can
    simply be masked down - just like I did it in days of yore.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Product Availability" and "Industry News" are my two most hated forums on here.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Back when it was coated by Forte, Bergger's neutral tone paper was fairly cold. Not as cold as Forte MG, but it would do in a pinch, especially with a cold tone developer. Has anyone tried the newer Bergger papers?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Well it's a triple whammie.... Forte VC went down, then EMaks, and now.... The EMaks graded has a lovely silvery tone, and unlike VC papers you could "snatch" develop it for very subtle effects without it going blaah. I suspect it was rebranded several ways. My interest is mainly in
    a classic cold tone paper with a lot of snap to it - high silver content and high DMax, responsive to toners. Fineprint wasn't perfect, but could
    be coaxed into magnificence. Too bad we didn't sing it's praises enough - maybe that would have saved it. Seems the story of my life - just
    as soon as I've really mastered a product, it routinely disappears. I wonder how the Brits pronounce Murphy's Law?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Simon
    Could you say what is the production status of Ilford PAN 100 and 400, please? Have they been discontinued? There isn't any information about these films on your website.

A couple of suggestions for your consideration:
    If this Kentmere paper can't be produced continuously, how about adding it to the annual ULF run? Tell people what is the minimum order for a production run, and lets see what is the response! Advertise on your website and let people know.
    I can't figure out why a film made in the UK sells for a higher price than one made elsewhere. I'm talking specifically about Kentmere films. Until last year they were sold at competitive prices at the retail point and about the same as other films of same quality from the continent. Then the retail price jumped to about £1 more per roll, where others had a smaller price increase.
    Could I suggest doing some form of seasonal discount for these films? I would love to buy "local produce", but with prices higher than the competition, I can't afford it!
    Thank you!
    I've never even heard of Ilford Pan 100 or 400... weird...

Shooter
    35mm
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Gim

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I've never even heard of Ilford Pan 100 or 400... weird...
    Maybe instead of making 2700 post in 11 months you should have read 2700 post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gim View Post
    Maybe instead of making 2700 post in 11 months you should have read 2700 post.
    Brilliant!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simon,

Maybe I missed it but did you clear up the Bromide 'run down' query ? Love it and would really hate to see it EOL'ed. I think many are looking for clarity on this one.

thanks

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin