Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,922   Online: 981

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canuhead View Post
    Simon,

Maybe I missed it but did you clear up the Bromide 'run down' query ? Love it and would really hate to see it EOL'ed. I think many are looking for clarity on this one.

thanks
    I agree Canuhead^

Simon - We cold paper/chem folks are still stinging from the recent Cooltone decree, so we are now sensing a "disturbance in the matrix" re the "run down" bromide reference. Say it ain't so....

Please, no double whammy....

You know I love your company, products, service, engagement....just looking for some clarity....
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I've never even heard of Ilford Pan 100 or 400... weird...
    Nor have I, but I'm a casual hobbiest.

Unless I am blind, those are not listed on http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/...26+White+Films .

Or are these non-Harmon Ilford products?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They seem to be low-price products for low-price markets, e.g. much of Asia. They pop up frequently from a few eBay resellers.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gim View Post
    Maybe instead of making 2700 post in 11 months you should have read 2700 post.
    Umm, as noted by others this appears to be an asian product, so they don't sell it here in the states, my comment was a question more than a statement, it was a way to invite others to say "oh I know what it is" there's nothing wrong with posting a reply to a query when you don't have the knowledge so someone can come in and explain.

I happen to be excited and active here, and view APUG as a DISCUSSION board, not just a board to observe and never ask questions or say anything. That's silly.

There's a lot I don't know, and I don't mind speaking up when I don't know something so I can get better info on a subject.

Post #2701...

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Thanks Ricardo,

So it's Ilford's B&W equivalent to Kodak Gold haha

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is their Pan 100/400 equivalent to the Harman 100/400 that is currently available in AU?

I knew it was Ilford as soon as I saw it on the shelf, and took the time to inspect the packaging to see any subtle differences. Fonts used are identical to Ilford, although if I remember correctly, the manufacturing information was in bold rather than normal font used in the Ilford product.

Plus, it's cheaper than the Ilford branded film - which is a bonus for those on a budget who still want to use a well respected product manufacturer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gim View Post
    Maybe instead of making 2700 post in 11 months you should have read 2700 post.
    Please, refrain from such comments!
    Ilford PAN series are mainly sold in selected markets, it isn't available in the USA.

Thanks Ricardo,
    You're welcome!

Just to clarify: I am sorry for going Off Topic with my questions and suggestions to Simon. I was just wondering what is the production status of these films as no info is available on the main Ilford site.
    Thank you!
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ordered a box from Freestyle. Gotta try it before it's gone.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm disappointed. It's the only paper I use. Oh well, I guess having access to photographic paper, even if it isn't Fineprint VC, is better than no access at all.
    Last edited by ciocc; 08-07-2013 at 02:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Please, refrain from such comments!
    Ilford PAN series are mainly sold in selected markets, it isn't available in the USA.

You're welcome!

Just to clarify: I am sorry for going Off Topic with my questions and suggestions to Simon. I was just wondering what is the production status of these films as no info is available on the main Ilford site.
    Thank you!
    http://darkroom.ru/info/manuals/ilfo...manual_eng.pdf

If it helps, above is a link to the spec sheet of the Pan 100 and 400. You can also pick up information about the films in the Ilford Photo web forum.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin