Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,547   Online: 881

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rayonline_nz View Post
    We do have a minimum wage law that is about $10US/hr but the NZD is quite strong, in the past this amounts to about $8US/hr. The average wage here is $55k USD a year. But I am sure you guys the food etc are cheaper. For us here a sandwich or a coffee could be $5US and $3US respectively. Average lunch I guess in a cafe might be $10-15US ex the drink. Our sales tax is 15%. Income tax ~33%.
    Sounds like your food at least is cheap
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That may sound cheap in New York, it sounds expensive in Atlanta and absolutely outrageous in rural east Tennessee where I grew up and still visit family.

Cost of living, wages and expenses vary enormously in different parts of the US.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    That may sound cheap in New York, it sounds expensive in Atlanta and absolutely outrageous in rural east Tennessee where I grew up and still visit family.

Cost of living, wages and expenses vary enormously in different parts of the US.
    Yup, and I live in CT actually, close enough since its "Fairfield County" the second most expensive county in the US.

Sometimes I regret going with NYC but as a website stonenyc.com was so easy for people to remember and somehow not taken at the time, so I went with it.

I still haven't updated my site so it looks like shit anyway hahaha

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just went to Fujifilm's global web site (fujifilm.com not fujifilmusa.com) and was confronted with an online survey about their web site and products. It's always nice to have an official place to whinge

What I find rather interesting about Freestyle's announcement is the part where Acros 100 is suggested as a replacement for Neopan 400. Someone somewhere is a tad ignorant of film speeds and their practical application in film choice.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    I just went to Fujifilm's global web site (fujifilm.com not fujifilmusa.com) and was confronted with an online survey about their web site and products. It's always nice to have an official place to whinge

What I find rather interesting about Freestyle's announcement is the part where Acros 100 is suggested as a replacement for Neopan 400. Someone somewhere is a tad ignorant of film speeds and their practical application in film choice.
    Nope, this is just their style. They know full well that its not a replacement but at this point they could care less what speed you need to shoot it.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Nope, this is just their style. They know full well that its not a replacement but at this point they could care less what speed you need to shoot it.
    it's more of a loosey goosey style then... one could say it's more of a "free-style" of operating...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    They will recommend another of their products before suggesting a competitor's product. Kodak suggested their own negative film to replace the Ektachromes, not Fuji transparency film.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    They will recommend another of their products before suggesting a competitor's product. Kodak suggested their own negative film to replace the Ektachromes, not Fuji transparency film.
    I wonder what Kodak recommended as a replacement when they killed off the infrared films...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    I wonder what Kodak recommended as a replacement when they killed off the infrared films...
    Tri-X of course... haha

Shooter
    127 Format
    When all Kodak films disappear they will recommend their inkjet printers as replacement.

I guess Fujifilm will recommend face cream?
    - Bill Lynch

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin