Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,869   Online: 873

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Acros and all the other films in question here are still listed by Fuji. As stated above the communication by Fuji is midiocre, and everyone in this thread can chose a statement he likes. The funny thing about this thread that it is even about a statement by Freestyle not by Fuji...
    I'm not sure you're reading the same announcement. Acros is listed as a suggested replacement for Neopan 400. Acros is not listed as being discontinued.

BTW, the bulletin was generated by Fujifilm North America but it's relaying info from Fujifilm Tokyo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    EVERY Japanese/Asian company has communication issues. I live in work in Asia and communication is by far, the weakest aspect of life here. Getting a straight story out of anyone is like pulling teeth.
    That's got to be endlessly frustrating. I saw that back when I used to follow the comings and goings of new digital gear. Combine it with some parts of the analog photography community being kind of jumpy about product discontinuations and there's room for our old buddies fear, uncertainty and doubt to settle in.

I dont see any confusion here regarding the canceled products. They list what is canceled and what is a "replacement". The confusion comes from people who refuse to believe it, even in the face of a published announcement!!
    Indeed, Fuji have been quite clear here; thank you, by the way, for being part of making that clearer by finding and posting information about it. I agree confusion does arise from people being unwilling to accept official word on the discontinuation, passed on through a reputable source (Freestyle, in this case). On the other hand I've seen a lot of "announcements" around Fuji product in the past which turned out to be some badly informed local camera store salesperson passing on information which wasn't true. If only Fuji had some official source around here, that would go a long way toward helping dispel confusion and stop the folks who are in denial from being in denial. Look at the Kentmere paper discontinuation a few days ago; straight from the official source, no messing around, questions which arose were answered by same official source. That makes a big difference.

What Fujifilm makes confusing is what films are still available! Go to www.fujifilm.com. Look at their film page. No ACROS to be found there at all!! All kinds of films are missing. It's just embarrassing how neglected Fujifilm's film page is. How much money does it take to have an up to date film page? Nothing.
    This gets to the root of my own lack of confidence in them; probably others' too. You're right that it isn't hard to keep this information up to date and it looks bad, it looks like they really could care less in fact. If I was new to all this and had heard how awesome Acros is, then I couldn't even find it on their website? I'd think twice about bothering to try it. That's an easy thing for them to fix and is something they desperately need to do. Just taking care of that and actually demonstrating some degree of commitment would be sufficient to make me support them with my $, not that I'd make any noticeable difference to their bottom line.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is because you have to go to the "professional products" portion of their webpage:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...phy/index.html

They've had this discrepancy for years.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    This is because you have to go to the "professional products" portion of their webpage:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...phy/index.html

They've had this discrepancy for years.
    You posted from FujifilmUSA....Over at Fujifilm.com, nothing. Insane.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, the whole thing's a mess.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't see any product discontinuation announcements from Fujifilm Pacific or Fujifilm Australia. I surmise the discontinuation is local-market based (North America).
    Besides which, I don't take any announcements from Freestyle and/or B&H as gospel without very thorough cross-checking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Trust me I'm sure it applies to everywhere outside of JP. This is their style. What other gospel do you have besides Freestyle?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    By chance I was watching TV5 Monde, an international French channel (in French), last night when they showed a program about women's cosmetics -- whether they work, what they're made of, how they're marketed, etc. (stick with me here...) It was interesting in part because of the psychology that goes into why (mainly) women will pay increasingly high prices for products that are primarily water. And now the manufacturers are focusing on the other market: men. As their closing segment, they showed an upscale product introduction of a new product made by -- Fujifilm! They even had a Fuji rep on screen saying that though digital was wiping out their analog film sales, they had taken all the expertise the company had developed in collagen (for film) and came up with a new line of high-priced cosmetics.

So if you're wondering what Fuji is doing reducing their film offerings, clearly they've discovered a new and much more lucrative market to concentrate on!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    I don't see any product discontinuation announcements from Fujifilm Pacific or Fujifilm Australia. I surmise the discontinuation is local-market based (North America).
    Besides which, I don't take any announcements from Freestyle and/or B&H as gospel without very thorough cross-checking.
    Why? Have Freestyle and B&H have some history of bad announcements??
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Trust me I'm sure it applies to everywhere outside of JP.
    I would not read such as discontinuation, seen Apug is a international group and many people here are used to importing film.
    Fuji has a history of different offerings to different countries.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin