Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,649   Online: 1075

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    400X available here (Aus.) no problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    By chance I was watching TV5 Monde, an international French channel (in French), last night when they showed a program about women's cosmetics -- whether they work, what they're made of, how they're marketed, etc. (stick with me here...) It was interesting in part because of the psychology that goes into why (mainly) women will pay increasingly high prices for products that are primarily water. And now the manufacturers are focusing on the other market: men. As their closing segment, they showed an upscale product introduction of a new product made by -- Fujifilm! They even had a Fuji rep on screen saying that though digital was wiping out their analog film sales, they had taken all the expertise the company had developed in collagen (for film) and came up with a new line of high-priced cosmetics.

So if you're wondering what Fuji is doing reducing their film offerings, clearly they've discovered a new and much more lucrative market to concentrate on!
    Fujifilm has been in the cosmetic market for several years now if not more. They have a line of products under the Astalift brand. I always call it Astialift by habit.

Of course, Fujifilm is now a massive company, totally divested from their film business. Film sales account for measly 1% of their business with chemicals 2% more. 97% of Fujifilm's revenue has nothing to do with film. This makes Fujifilm a complete success compared to Kodak as everything Kodak tried to do, failed miserably.

Fujifilm even has a pharmaceutical division, launching several life saving medicines. It is really amazing how broad a company they are now. Even their digital camera division is just a spec in their revenue books.

While Fujifilm may be a success outside of the film world, I hope that they stay true to their word and remain committed to keeping film alive as long as people are willing to shoot it. Their CEO on many occasions has voiced this commitment and I hope that he and his successor lives up to this.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm just confused why this is a surprise, I thought this announcement happened a few months ago, I remember reading it in an ezine article and went out and bought a brick of 400X 120 and 5 boxes of Neopan400 to say goodbye since I knew they were cancelled...

I'm still lamenting about both, but this is old news I thought...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My comment on this is: " For #"¤"#¤ sake, this "#¤&// isn't "#¤"#¤ helping anyone, first they kill off Neopan 400 in 120, then in 35mm, then they revive the 35mm for 9 #¤%#¤ months, just to kill it again?? #¤%¤# Fuji needs to get their !"#!"% together, really #¤¤?? "

Still have 40-50 rolls of Neopan 400 in 35mm and some 40 rolls in 120, which I scraped of eBay.
    Need to check my stock on Acros (keeps longest frozen anyway), I think I have about 50 rolls of that in both formats as well, but may need to stock up on some more 120, it's simply unsurpassed in quality, even the 35mm looks like 120 sometimes, what an emulsion!

Tri-x for 400 then, how ever long that will last before Kodak draws it's final breath and dies for good, after that, who the #¤% knows.....?
    Even for a guy that shoots 50/50 digital/film, this is some frustrating stuff....!
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tri-X is the last thing you have to worry about.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    I wouldn't be sure, if Kodak collapses or decides to shut down it's film line after the sale or reorganization or whatever's happening right now, there aren't many other companies to bother purchasing the rights and machines to make it... wish it were cheaper in 4x5, then I'd actually buy some... lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As much of an extraordinary film Neopan 100 is, I can no longer keep purchasing Fujifilm. It has me afraid that I'll get my system 'dialed' just in time for it to be discontinued. Ilford it is from now on.

Tis a shame too, as there is practically no reciprocity failure with Acros 100, which makes nighttime and pinhole work so much easier.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    400X available here (Aus.) no problems.
    It's available here too - from existing stock. I'm planning to stock up done but it's awfully expensive stuff.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    If you said "Ilford FP4+ and HP5+" I would agree (more)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I lived in Japan, many shops, dealers and photographers said "Fujifilm doesn't care about film anymore", that they "want to get out of the film business" and are still doing film "as a courtesy to their customers". Sure it's just people talking and not the official company line, but if actions speak louder than words, well ...
    Those who know, shoot film

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin