Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,331   Online: 1169

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If that saying was true
    "Fujifilm doesn't care about film anymore"
    Why do they publish a magazine purely about film photography?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    If that saying was true

Yes, "why" indeed.

Fuji's relevance in the film-world is soon non-existent.
    Publishing a mag about film photography, while doing their best to kill off their own relation to that marked, is actually quite insulting.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, one can see it that way. But one could also argue that even in spite of such magazine the sales are decreasing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The magazine probably has a subscription base that covers costs, and advertisers to post in the books.

They are a business, it's up to US to spread the word about film now to keep them producing what we love. There's not enough profit to make huge ad campaigns for film use for them (unless the companies combined and made a group ad, which I suggested recently in another forum.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    We had some posters, me included and perhaps some others in Europe who weren't convinced that the N American announcement applied elsewhere.

Well for any U.K based APUGers I can now say that I have spoken to Fuji U.K. today and can confirm that that announcement applies to the U.K. and the spokesperson confirmed that the discontinuation does stem from Tokyo and is of course world-wide. I suggested that the spokesperson put something on the U.K. website and he agreed.

So it really has abandoned a film, Neopan 400, within less than a year of announcing its return at Photokina.

It might explain why there was never any explanation why this return of Neopan 400 didn't apply to 120.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    If that saying was true

Why do they still sell medium format and high quality 35mm cameras too?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    400X available here (Aus.) no problems.
    400x should still be available today given the remaining stock. I'm in NZ, and when E100G was discontinued, they weren't aware of it, well they didn't have any in stock but could get them in, in the end I got it from Freestyle in the USA b/c they were asking for about $26US equiv for a single roll. They miss quoted me and after a full week told me they couldn't get it for me for the earlier price which might have been around $12US which was about the normal US price.

Checked - B/H have them in stock at $16US still ..... also 120 format.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rayonline_nz View Post
    400x should still be available today given the remaining stock. I'm in NZ, and when E100G was discontinued, they weren't aware of it, well they didn't have any in stock but could get them in, in the end I got it from Freestyle in the USA b/c they were asking for about $26US equiv for a single roll. They miss quoted me and after a full week told me they couldn't get it for me for the earlier price which might have been around $12US which was about the normal US price.

Checked - B/H have them in stock at $16US still ..... also 120 format.
    I would have argued they have to give it at the price given, it's a law in the USA even if the price is wrong.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I would have argued they have to give it at the price given, it's a law in the USA even if the price is wrong.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."
    It is just your opinion and you are wrong in this case.
    It is not the law in the USA.
    Ask a lawyer.
    Just because you think something should be true does not make it so.
    Think or google before you tap.
    Last edited by brianmquinn; 07-23-2013 at 06:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In various jurisdictions there are laws prohibiting "bait and switch" pricing, but no jurisdiction I know of prohibits sellers from correcting errors.

If you want to read examples of judges struggling with pricing errors, research the phrase "invitation to treat"
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin