Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,919   Posts: 1,521,951   Online: 1130

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fujifilm enters Solar Cell Back-sheet Market

Not shure if this is the right subforum. Please move to the right place if needed.

From Smart Photography, issue July 2013:

Fujifilm enters Solar Cell Back-sheet Market

Fujifilm Holdings Corp. announced that it would begin selling back-sheets for solar cells, using technology
    used to make photographic film with industrial strength. The sheets are attached to the back of solar
    cells to protect them from heat, UV rays, humidity, and other elements. The company says its product will
    last for 30 years as compared to the 10 year lifetime of conventional products, and will be priced 20-30%
    higher. Fujifilm hopes to tap growing demand for solar energy by marketing its back-sheets to solar cell
    manufacturers in China, Taiwan, Europe and the US, apart from domestic manufacturers.
    I know Fuji is much more chemistry than only film, so I'm shure they made various foils before. So I don't know how this new market entry would influence film production. If at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The product probably shares a similar design, but not necessarily the same materials. But if they are produced the same way it could be good if Fuji already has machines up and running.

I don't expect it to make any difference in film production aside from the fact that as long as Fuji is doing something potentially profitable they might not axe the products we love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    heterolysis, for me also the catchword was "using technology used to make photographic film".
    Speaking of profitable, the same source cites Fuji as follows:

Fujifilm posts increased profit in Fiscal 2012/13
    Fujifilm Holdings Corp. announced that it had posted a 24.0 % gain in net profit for the fiscal year 2012/13, raising net profits to 54.3 billion yen (US$559.8 million). The growth was helped largely by the depreciating value of the yen. The company’s Imaging Solutions Unit posted an 8.6% drop to 294.8 billion yen (US$3.04 billion), with a loss of 2.2 billion yen (US$22.68 million), an improvement from last year’s loss of 294.8 billion yen. The company blamed poor sales of digital compact cameras for the slow recovery, and posted a fiscal outlook of 2,350 billion yen in
    sales, with an operational profit of 140 billion yen and a net profit of 70 billion yen, for the coming fiscal year 2013/14.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Ha! Two years ago I said Kodak should have entered the solar technology field and got laughed off the thread.
    - Bill Lynch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin