Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,215   Online: 1238

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

First Time Hoarder....

After returning to film for the past year, I am finally hoarding a film that is going away (Neopan 400). Every time I get near my film shop, I bring home 10 boxes. So far in the last few weeks I have ended up with 40 boxes, all stuffed into the freezer or fridge. I wonder how much longer this film will be easily found in my film shop.

I'd hoard Provia 400X but that stuff is just insanely expensive and I shoot mostly monochrome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hoard too. The camera shop near where I live doesn't sell much film anymore so I have to buy it on the internet now.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I may stand corrected but, technically speaking, one is not regarded as a "hoarder" of film/paper until one is forced by either necessity (self-determined) or is instructed by one's significant other to purchase a freezer to "store all that stuff."
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ten to forty boxes is not a hoard; it is a short-term to moderate-term supply. Please try harder!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Ten to forty boxes is not a hoard; it is a short-term to moderate-term supply. Please try harder!
    This.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    one is not regarded as a "hoarder" of film/paper until one is forced by either necessity to purchase a freezer to "store all that stuff."
    Oh...um... Just filled one freezer with paper and had to go out and buy a fridge to store the large rolls in - That one is now just about full too (and I've still got film in the domestic freezer).
    Does that make me a hoarder

Shooter
    127 Format
    You are not a true hoarder until you can't count the cats.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    hoarders buy 100 rolls at a time, and ask the dealer for a "Brick of this and A Brick of that"
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm up to 50 boxes in storage now. I buy 10 boxes almost every week. So far Neopan 400 is still in supply here in China. I might buy 20 more boxes this weekend.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I'm up to 50 boxes in storage now. I buy 10 boxes almost every week. So far Neopan 400 is still in supply here in China. I might buy 20 more boxes this weekend.
    RattyMouse, how many rolls of film in each box? This sounds like a LOT of film !

I got a box of 100 rolls one time about 20 years ago. I think it was called a Pro-Pack.

I couldn't use it all and gave a lot of it away. Now I wish I had frozen it.
    - Bill Lynch

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin