Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,390   Online: 781

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Did Kodak make any kind of announcement about this?
    Just that the package sizes were changing along with the CAT numbers. The bottle that I received does have mixing instructions based on the 1 to 31 mix for Dilution B, which is what the US made product required. I have not tried the new stuff, as when I first heard o fthe change, it was a note that the old CAT number was discontinued, and so I stock up on MANY of the old 16 US fl Oz Bottles. Getting 1 Litre at a time seems more sane.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why should it be a problem that Kodak chemicals are made in Germany?, most of the high end Kodak cameras and lenses used to be made in Germany, and the German chemical industry is probably the best in the World going right back to the 19th century.
    Ben

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Why should it be a problem that Kodak chemicals are made in Germany?, most of the high end Kodak cameras and lenses used to be made in Germany, and the German chemical industry is probably the best in the World going right back to the 19th century.
    It doesn't when the quality is concerned. But you'll have to check for possible changes in recipy or concentrations.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah, as long as they still sell the stuff Germany is fine by me!
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pictures of the bottles, anyone?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Assuming the alternate technology can be forgiven:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_E9795_HC110_Bottle_Front.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	73273 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_E9796_HC110_Bottle_LabelOpen.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	73274 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_E9797_HC110_Bottle_Rear_Label.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	73275

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've recently seen the same packaging for the liquid Kodafix - the non-rapid, hardening fixer.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's news to me; in Montréal I haven't seen the square bottles yet.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak T-Max fixer which I believe is only available in Europe, also comes in a square bottle which looks similar or same to the above one posted by DaveT.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And I'll toss in that the print on those labels is on the microscopic side, but on my second try yesterday, my aging eyes still did not detect any mixing instructions. I will eventually test and sort it out, but it would be nice if they gave at least a hint for reassurance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin