Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,166   Online: 1087

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    And I'll toss in that the print on those labels is on the microscopic side, but on my second try yesterday, my aging eyes still did not detect any mixing instructions. I will eventually test and sort it out, but it would be nice if they gave at least a hint for reassurance.
    Is there anything on the bottle similar to the "To make 3.88 liters/1 US Gallon" that used to be on the old, 16 ounce bottles of US HC 110?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Is there anything on the bottle similar to the "To make 3.88 liters/1 US Gallon" that used to be on the old, 16 ounce bottles of US HC 110?
    Aha! In yet another look, with magnifier, the second page with MSDS info for a few other EU countries also peels up! The corner on that page has no peel-up indicator -- one is left to look for the less than paper thin edge. And behold under there is the base layer with mix ratios. It appears it is the traditional "North American" standard - B= 1+31 etc. They sure buried that, but thanks for prodding me to keep looking!

Ah, my day is complete! (Well the above plus the 150 mm lens for my Bronica arrived.)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I bought 3x the old 16 oz bottles around thanksgiving, and have only finsihed slightly over 1 bottle. I can't imagine ever finishing a 1 liter bottle, even developing about 12 sheets per week!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This thread caused me some concern. I'm sure the contractor is making it to Kodak's specifications, and am not bothered with that or whether it's made in Germany or the U.S.A. I wanted to check my bottle of HC-110 just out of curiosity.

Having inherited some of my mother's hoarding genes, I could not find the bottle. It really concerned me that a bottle of developer had disappeared somewhere in the house. I did eventually find it (I'd looked right past it originally); it's a round bottle made in the U.S.A. Expires 10/2013, though I don't think I need to worry about that.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kintatsu View Post
    I bought 3x the old 16 oz bottles around thanksgiving, and have only finsihed slightly over 1 bottle. I can't imagine ever finishing a 1 liter bottle, even developing about 12 sheets per week!
    Well, a one litre bottle is only about twice the size of the old 16 ounce bottles, and essentially the same as the old, relatively rare, 32 ounce bottles.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I for one am delighted to have my developer made by Tetenal. I suspect that Neopress HC is a close relative and I would bet that you could substitute it. Anyone have experience of that ? Does Neopress HC have the same longevity ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bragg View Post
    I suspect that Neopress HC is a close relative and I would bet that you could substitute it. ?
    Kodak no doubt has the contractor make the product to Kodak specs, with auditing to ensure that none of the Kodak formula is sold other than as Kodak Product with Kodak receiving their share of the proceeds.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    Kodak no doubt has the contractor make the product to Kodak specs, with auditing to ensure that none of the Kodak formula is sold other than as Kodak Product with Kodak receiving their share of the proceeds.
    When Kodak licensed it to Champion, they sold the factory as well, and many of the employees left Kodak and began working for Champion.
    Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    1 Gal D-76 is all from germany now as well, and the catalog number changed to 516 0296. The plastic pouch feels different, which is how we noticed there was a change in the first place.

5 gallon rapid is from germany now as well. Instead of the cubetainer bladder boxes, they're in large silly plastic jugs now. It's a mystery as to how you're supposed to dispense this stuff without either a pump or a giant funnel and helpers.

Does anybody know where to buy empty, virgin 5 gallon cubetainers?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alternatively you could fit a tap near the bottom of a appropriate stiff container.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin