Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,236   Online: 888

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak Black and White Chemistry Made in Germany

Hi Guys-

I was recently in a Calumet photo to pick up some XTOL and I noticed that the Kodak Stop Bath and PhotoFlo were now in rectangular shaped long bottles that looked different than any Kodak bottles that I have seen before and were both marked Made in Germany. I believe have read here that Kodak chemistry is made by Champion Chemical now. Has something changed? I'm just curious.

Pat
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought some Kodafix from Adorama last April and it was bottled the same as you describe and Made in Germany.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Champion was a large Kodak creditor in the bankruptcy. Either because Champion was unwilling to take further risk by continuing to be a Kodak supplier after the bankruptcy or because Kodak thought Champion might react that way, Kodak sought another photo chemistry supplier. Tetenal reportedly is now that supplier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So does or is Tetenal going to make all of the chemistry? All of my powdered Kodak products are still Made in USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yeah, now they can bring back the 5L E6 kit with separate bleach and fix as mother nature intended. Ok, not likely.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It was mentioned in other threads that Kodak is reducing its range of packaging for chemicals. Some sizes/volumes will be discontinued to reduce costs. Beware: it is possible that the remaining packagings contain other concentrations than you're used to of the same developer.

I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly, Kodak used other conentrations in Europe and the USA as well.

Just check before mixing & developing the "same" developer...
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye out. Like I mentioned, the powdered products have the same specs still as far as I have seen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just received a 1 liter bottle of HC110 from Freestyle about a week ago and it does indeed say "Made in Germany." There's even a peel-up two page label on it which has MSDS-type info in multiple languages -- but not a hint of how to mix the stuff!

The bottle says something about made for USA, and the Freestyle site implies it's what has been the norm for US product. I'm still finishing a previous stock and just got it for backup, but guess when I break it open a test on a piece of sheet film might be in order before committing any rolls of once in a lifetime shots.

At least it's still around!

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep, it's made by Tetenal which is probably the no.1 photo chemistry supplier in the world, being the manufacturer also of some Ilford chemistry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did Kodak make any kind of announcement about this?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin