Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,704   Online: 727

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuji 160NS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a real crime that a film like 160NS cant survive. Fuji might as well get out of color negative if they will cut their line like this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just shot some this weekend

Dated 2006 I think...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just picked up 10 rolls after seeing this thread.

I like Fuji film, I just don't like Fuji.....

Besides, with C-41, there really isn't much to prefect, except what ISO you prefer it at, so there is not much of a learning process to be wasted because of discontinuation.
    Last edited by Helinophoto; 08-29-2013 at 09:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have quite a lot of Fuji 160 NS in my film freezer both 135 and 120 probably about 50 rolls of each that I put by for this eventuality, because in the current situation with film I stockpile the films I like to ensure the continuing availability of it, because you can't believe a word all the film manufacturers say about their continuing their commitment to producing it.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am heading to the film store this weekend. I have not bought Fuji 160NS in many months, so I dont know what the situation will be like. Reala disappeared from the shelves without any notice at all. If there is stock of 160NS, my credit card (and my freezer) is in for a WORLD of hurt. Seriously.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I called my film guy and he has 150 rolls in stock. $550 will clean him out. Now I have to think about if I want that much film. That's 2-3 years supply for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Well, I called my film guy and he has 150 rolls in stock. $550 will clean him out. Now I have to think about if I want that much film. That's 2-3 years supply for me.
    Ratty, if you have the money, and its the film you've been looking for, go for it. I will do the same if (heaven forbid) Velvia RVP 50 is discontinued in 120. There are some films which look soo great from a personal perspective that stocking them up in case of discontinuation is a valid option.

I have about 40 rolls of E100G in the freezer and the only reason why I did not increase the stock further is that Provia, while not a direct substitute, is a valid option which needs to be bought and used on a regular base to prevent it from being dicontinued as well. But Velvia has no substitute.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by j.c.denton View Post
    Ratty, if you have the money, and its the film you've been looking for, go for it. I will do the same if (heaven forbid) Velvia RVP 50 is discontinued in 120. There are some films which look soo great from a personal perspective that stocking them up in case of discontinuation is a valid option.

I have about 40 rolls of E100G in the freezer and the only reason why I did not increase the stock further is that Provia, while not a direct substitute, is a valid option which needs to be bought and used on a regular base to prevent it from being dicontinued as well. But Velvia has no substitute.

Chris

I'm going there Sunday, and bringing a VERY large bag with me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin