Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,412   Online: 781

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuji 160NS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fuji 160NS

Folks, I am scared to ask, but is Fuji 160NS still available?

I just got a roll of this film back from the lab and I just love the results. I'm unclear on the status of this film and would appreciate any clarification you can give.

hopeful,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hate to break it to you, but I think it's been discontinued for a while now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingartemis View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but I think it's been discontinued for a while now.
    Damn.....color film is so gut wrenching. Every time I find one I like, off it goes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm glad Portra and Velvia are still around for now. They possess my favorite colors. Also, this website here has some interesting films that I'm dying to try out (I want to try out a roll of Kodalith so badly).
    Check out my website!

Yashica T4, Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Yashica-D.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didnt care for Porta the first few times I tried it. I'll have to try again. It is just so painful to lose those Fuji skin tones. So painful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's still available. I got lots of it from macodirect. I know it's still on sale in japan. Even in 220. I know I'm going to stock up on it when I go to Japan in January.

In 220
    http://www.yodobashi.com/富士フイルム-FUJI...0001000466974/

In 120
    http://www.yodobashi.com/富士フイルム-FUJI...0001001219376/

It also looks like it didn't get it's package updated, so it might not be around for long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I think all films that didnt get the updated packaging are gone.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuff View Post
    It's still available. I got lots of it from macodirect. I know it's still on sale in japan. Even in 220. I know I'm going to stock up on it when I go to Japan in January.

In 220
    http://www.yodobashi.com/富士フイルム-FUJI...0001000466974/

In 120
    http://www.yodobashi.com/富士フイルム-FUJI...0001001219376/

It also looks like it didn't get it's package updated, so it might not be around for long.
    Exactly.
    Pro 160 NS is still in the Fuji film programme. And easily available from the bigger distributors.
    So far there has not been any discontinuance statement from Fuji.
    Excellent film by the way. Has the best detail rendition (highest resolution, finest grain) in its class. And very precise, natural colours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Film-Niko View Post
    Exactly.
    Pro 160 NS is still in the Fuji film programme. And easily available from the bigger distributors.
    So far there has not been any discontinuance statement from Fuji.
    Excellent film by the way. Has the best detail rendition (highest resolution, finest grain) in its class. And very precise, natural colours.
    Like RarryMouse said, any film that didn't get updated Fuji packaging is on the way out. Even if it's still around, it's time is numbered. Time to stock up while we still can.

Shooter
    35mm
    When it was re branded 160NS from 160S it was killed in 35mm, it's still in shops in 120 as NS.

When only one format is killed off I think that's the beginning of the end. Happened like that with 800Z, Neopan, Reala, 160C...
    Steve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin