Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,169   Online: 801

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Short/past date Kodak film stock in Australia

This month something interesting has been happening in Australia with certain Kodak Products....Kodak has been supplying local businesses with out of date stock.
    It's literally expired before we received it. To be fair upon calling Kodak they realizes this and are willing to exchanging the stock, but it does make me wonder whats going on.

Did they know they were going to do this and hope their buyers wouldn't notice or care? was is a simple accident? I am surprised kodak
    would allow this to occur or even that kodak is sitting on film stock long enough now for it to expire before being sold.
    Last edited by Stephen Frizza; 09-01-2013 at 02:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is "new Kodak" now selling film I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My initial thoughts as a greedy little bugga:

"Cool - should be able to get some cheap film"

But, from a stock point of view, that is pretty poor form. I couldn't imagine that this would have been done intentionally.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    my main thought is.....what does this say about kodaks turn over of stock?

also it reminds me of an even in 2002 - 2003 with Kodak 20x24" cut sheet of supra endura. The stock was damaged on its was to Australia and the emulsion had an unusual colour shift as a result....Kodak knew about it but said nothing hoping labs here wouldn't notice. It took a few labs to band together to finally get Kodak to exchange the stocks. it later came out that the paper was damaged, they knew about it and hoped for the best.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's some bad management. Lose people's trust just to save some bucks and you've lost everything.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak were still trying to sell Kodachrome to dealers in the UK after Dwaynes had stopped processing it. Some in their sales departments don't understand film.

Ian

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Kodak were still trying to sell Kodachrome to dealers in the UK after Dwaynes had stopped processing it. Some in their sales departments don't understand film.
    There must something be quite wrong in the industry for this to happen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stock rotation blunder perhaps? New stock arrives, gets warehoused with the older stock (lets say cartons on top or in front) and it gets sent out first, leaving the old stuff to continue to date.

In *any* case - poor stocktaking & sales skills are obvious, and seems they need it brought to their attention, so they get their act together pronto! (Do they still have reps calling in, or has that also gone by the wayside?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have vivid memories talking to the national salesman of Kodak here in Australia about Kodak Portra NC160 in 120 format and having him ask me "Is that product film or paper?".

Shooter
    35mm
    Someone mentioned the 'new' Kodak, where the marketing and sales of film was bought up by the Kodak UK pension-plan. They will be selling to wholesalers and national distribution chains, not delivering stock to customers. This is a foolish and/or incompetent distributors error.

At least Mr.Frizza, above, didn't have the Kodak sales-rep asking which printer the Portra fitted in to ?!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin