Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,092   Online: 1052

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    REM-Jet is always a bit of a pain, but it is one of the most effective anti-halation setups out there. the other major place you (would have) found it was on Kodachrome.

The Movie processors have a special set with a pre-bath, and water jets to flush it away. To save water the current Movie print film has stopped using rem-jet in favor of a AHU layer that decolorises in the normal process and the ECP-2 has a new schedule that omits the Jet removal and the wash stage to save water, (they went to dye sound tracks many years ago to likewise omit an extra wash step. that required the sound heads in all theatres to change to a RED LED or Laser light source) )

As far as the speed if you read AMERICAN CINEMATOGRAPHER magazine you will find that many cinematographers routinely use the 500T films at a Lower ISO to ensure they get good shadow detail.

The Movie folks prefer the Tungsten balance film as it is easy to slap on a 85 filter to shoot in daylight/HMI/Arc/Florescent etc. with a mionimal loss of speed, (100T at 64 daylight for example)
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak themselves do not even give ISO speeds but only E.I. speeds for that film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Charles, the last ECN I encountered was processed by a friend a year ago, and he had to wrestle with the rem-jet. So tell me they changed in the last year? I'll have to check this out.

As for rem-jet though, it also served as an antistaic layer in the cameras. The rapid motion of the film could build up a lot of static. What did they use as an antistat? I have to check that out too.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Charles, the last ECN I encountered was processed by a friend a year ago, and he had to wrestle with the rem-jet. So tell me they changed in the last year? I'll have to check this out.
    That confused me too, but after reading it a couple of times I think he's only talking about print film (ECP,not ECN).

I do have to wonder how come they could make the 100D camera film with no RemJet, but couldn't manage it with the negative films?

Duncan

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    As for rem-jet though, it also served as an antistaic layer in the cameras. The rapid motion of the film could build up a lot of static. What did they use as an antistat? I have to check that out too.
    PEDOT would be an alternative. Agfa for instance use that for several purposes including as antistatic layer in their films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All I know is that EK used rem-jet for two purposes.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    That confused me too, but after reading it a couple of times I think he's only talking about print film (ECP,not ECN).

I do have to wonder how come they could make the 100D camera film with no RemJet, but couldn't manage it with the negative films?
    It isn't that they can't make it without remjet, as they clearly make colour neg film without it for still photography. I think it's more that the remjet is more suitable for MP use but it was easier to simply use a still emulsion (E100VS if the internet is to be believed) with different perforation and edge marking as their MP transparency offering.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is 250D remjetted?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes.

All Kodak cine camera negative films have got it.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That conflicts with the 100D statement though.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin