Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,714   Online: 1093

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    That conflicts with the 100D statement though.
    100D is not a negative film, it is (was) their last color positive film.

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Yes.

All Kodak cine camera negative films have got it.
    All the COLOR cine film.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I meant colour.
    With all the adjectives I lost one....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, the 100D I assume was being referred to was E100D, Kodak's transparency MP offering. All negative films use remjet.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    So tell me they changed in the last year? I'll have to check this out.
    As for rem-jet though, it also served as an antistaic layer in the cameras.
    I was referring to Eastman Colour Print 3383/2383 as I recall. It does have a process survivable antistaic layer that gives the back of the film a bit of an iridescent sheen.
    http://motion.kodak.com/motion/Produ...ition/2383.htm

"2383/3383 Film is coated on a new ESTAR base featuring proprietary Kodak technology that replaces rem-jet with a process-surviving, anti-static layer, and scratch-resistant backing layer. This film has an efficient antihalation layer under the emulsion layers, using patented solid particle dyes that are decolorized and removed during processing."

AFAIK ALL negative film uses a version of rem jet. The first Fuji Movie negative did not but they quickly fell in line.

As you indicated static is a problem, for example 16mm Movie film in 100ft rolls still comes on a metal spool, while Microfilm comes on an almost identical plastic spool.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David Grenet View Post
    I think it's more that the remjet is more suitable for MP use but it was easier to simply use a still emulsion .
    Yes, although they also said that they had to make unspecified changes to the still ektachrome for Movie use. Likely some form of lubrication on the backing. Of course the whole project may have been to use up master rolls of ektachrome by selling it as a KWEL thing to Music Video producers. For a while they had a super 8 version of 64T until the 64T still film ran out.

Colour Negative for movie use is always with rem jet, they have probably been tempted to use it for B&W also but the Labs would have been forced to change their processors.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Charles;

If you mean ESP, specify it. If you mean ECN specify it. Otherwise it causes confusion.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    AFAIK ALL negative film uses a version of rem jet. The first Fuji Movie negative did not but they quickly fell in line.
    No, but you may be right refering to cine, colour negative, camera films.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New fast (800) Tungsten balanced film called Cinestill

Obviously that was implied by context, AgX.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    HI Ron, Sorry of my post was confusing, I THOUGHT I made it clear that I was referring to the "Print" stock - ECP.

Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    To save water the current Movie print film has stopped using rem-jet in favor of a AHU layer that decolorises in the normal process and the ECP-2 has a new schedule that omits the Jet removal and the wash stage to save water, (they went to dye sound tracks many years ago to likewise omit an extra wash step. that required the sound heads in all theatres to change to a RED LED or Laser light source) )
    And Yes, Agx the context of this thread is the "cine" or Movie stocks, as the subject film is Eastman colour NEGATIVE 500T with teh rem-jet anti-halation layer somehow removed.

I am not sure of the VERY OLD Ektachrome movie film of the 1970 era that used Process ME-4 may have also had a rem-jet step that was the major difference between ME-4 and plain E-4 not that it matters much at this late date.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin