Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,057   Online: 985
      
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102
  1. #61
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,972
    Images
    65
    Or, he changed development conditions to adjust for contrast, or he adjusted the scanning parameters. Note that ECN is not processed at the same temperature as C41 just as one example.

    I have seen outstanding ECN results. But, generally not in C41 without manipulation.

    PE

  2. #62
    DanielStone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,962
    Images
    1
    Stone,
    Cinestill is Kodak 500T

    Trust me on this one my friend, just trust me
    Last edited by DanielStone; 02-03-2014 at 01:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.


  3. #63

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,241
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    Stone,
    Cinestill is Kodak 500T

    Trust me on this one my friend, just trust me
    I'm sure. Just saying if they are saying C-41 will give the OP's images results, they will have many unhappy customers.

  4. #64
    DanielStone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,962
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I'm sure. Just saying if they are saying C-41 will give the OP's images results, they will have many unhappy customers.
    Gave me perfectly usable results when I shot a few rolls they gave me(we're friends)
    albeit I used an 81B filter under daylight conditions.
    scanning is where most people can't get it right. That's the bottleneck IMO.

    As with anything photographic, YOU(the photographer) have to take care when making your exposures, the film won't do ALL the work for ya !


  5. #65

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,241
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    Gave me perfectly usable results when I shot a few rolls they gave me(we're friends)
    albeit I used an 81B filter under daylight conditions.
    scanning is where most people can't get it right. That's the bottleneck IMO.

    As with anything photographic, YOU(the photographer) have to take care when making your exposures, the film won't do ALL the work for ya !
    Don't you need an 85B for T film?

  6. #66
    DanielStone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,962
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Don't you need an 85B for T film?
    An 81B is the warmest warming filter I have in my Lee 4x4 kit, so I used what I had available

    I tend to not get overly technical on stuff like this... It was just "try it out, see if you like it" kinda rolls... So I took them up on their offer


  7. #67
    cmacd123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Stittsville, Ontario
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Don't you need an 85B for T film?
    actually a plain 85. but an 85a or 85B will be close, and if you are using C-41 the colour balance will need futzing anyway. Some movie folks omit the filter and "Fix it in Post" but that runs the risk of overexposing the Cyan layer. Since the Cinestill folks are already recommending some underexposure by rating it at 800, that may be not as much as a problem, or in fact it may be where they get the 800 recommendation.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

  8. #68
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,972
    Images
    65
    Overexposing the cyan layer? Without a filter, the blue layer in T film is very fast in daylight.

    PE

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,089
    Images
    2
    Not sure what Ei these were shot at, I had the camera set to 800 and I was regally setting it to -1 just to be able to get a fast enough shutter speed at f1.8.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12456584645_511d6dfca4_b.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	82023
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12457100254_f6372e4fcc_b.jpg  

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,241
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk View Post
    Not sure what Ei these were shot at, I had the camera set to 800 and I was regally setting it to -1 just to be able to get a fast enough shutter speed at f1.8.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12456584645_511d6dfca4_b.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	82023
    Yup looks like T500 in C-41...



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin