Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,118   Online: 836

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's by far the best colour film for shooting at night I've ever come across. Everything is normally too warm.
    Last edited by ajuk; 02-11-2014 at 07:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a roll here at the house that I'm super excited to try out with some night photography.

Question, what is the 'normal' EI for standard C-41 processing, and when do I push process? I'm used to EI 250 using Tri-X at night, so anything above that will be a luxury.
    Anybody have reciprocity figures for it?
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Stone,

Try the ECN-2 developer found here under "ECN-2 for pictorial use" at http://www.apug.org/forums/forum216/...orial-use.html It's not bad.

You can also mix up the developer in the Kodak app notes.

As PE notes, it is a lower contrast film. But, that gives us a lower contrast film option is how I look at it. It scans wonderfully, although it tends towards the green in color balance. Of course you can tune that out.

I have not used the "T" variety yet myself, although I have some. But I imagine it will act much like the daylight balance.

-- Jason
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    Stone,

Try the ECN-2 developer found here under "ECN-2 for pictorial use" at http://www.apug.org/forums/forum216/...orial-use.html It's not bad.

You can also mix up the developer in the Kodak app notes.

As PE notes, it is a lower contrast film. But, that gives us a lower contrast film option is how I look at it. It scans wonderfully, although it tends towards the green in color balance. Of course you can tune that out.

I have not used the "T" variety yet myself, although I have some. But I imagine it will act much like the daylight balance.

-- Jason
    Thanks for the link, I bought all the chems 6 months ago and then couldn't get CD-3 till recently, by then I had lost the list of amounts! Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The best way to "know" isn't by reading it online. It's by trying and seeing it for yourself. There is a lot of well founded hypotheticals on here, but no one ever created anything with a hypothetical. Go test, experiment, retest, modify, adjust, and create! :-) CineStill is called 800T not because it is "low contrast" or even lower in C41, but because testing has proven that the gamma is increased in C41. It's not unlike B&W developers controlling contrast. CD3 is a low contrast (gamma) developer. Now go out and create! ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here is an extensive test from someone being creative with CineStill recently. http://aphotocontributor.typepad.com.../03/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is there a commercial place that will develop the stuff?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The idea is to process it in any roller transport C-41 machine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwright View Post
    The best way to "know" isn't by reading it online. It's by trying and seeing it for yourself. There is a lot of well founded hypotheticals on here, but no one ever created anything with a hypothetical. Go test, experiment, retest, modify, adjust, and create! :-) CineStill is called 800T not because it is "low contrast" or even lower in C41, but because testing has proven that the gamma is increased in C41. It's not unlike B&W developers controlling contrast. CD3 is a low contrast (gamma) developer. Now go out and create! ;-)
    CD4 will indeed increase contrast, but also it changes dye hue and dye stability. CD3 is indeed a lower contrast developing agent with particular hue and stability characteristics itself. However, C41 is run at 100F and ECN is processed at 105F. The films also contain different emulsions, couplers and layer arrangements. Thus, ECN has wider latitude as well as lower contrast, and this is all buggered up when you use C41 chemistry.

And, you better have all of the rem jet removed before you go through the C41 process, and you better have the tolerance for small particles embedded in your pix. You also have to tolerate halation or flare if you have the "wrong" scene with no rem jet.

But, if it works for you, use it!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow everyone is freaking out about this film in one way or another! haha I'm just happy their is a choice for Tungsten film left....I never understood the point of having this massive selection of high speed daylight film but no highspeed tungsten! Like why did Kodak get rid of Ektachrome 320T, Ektachrome 160T and leave us with Ektachrome 64T until like '09-ish?! Anyways I cant wait to try this, unfortunetly my 35mm(s) are broken....Maybe I should suggest they get some 65mm 500T stock and spool it onto 120 with a paper back I would really enjoy that!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin