Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,632   Online: 759

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NEW Agfa APX400

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    Just one thing, Harmon make beer.
    And sometimes that helps to make better photos as well...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    35mm
    Andy
    Thomas is absolutely right. Harman/Ilford do coatings under contract as you yourself suggested. Nice name for a film! lol
    Just look at Rollei RPX which is coated at Mobberley. And they are different from any Ilford/Kentmere film, even if it is only by a few atoms here and there.
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F50, F55, F60, 2xF601, F65, 3xF75, F801, 2x F801S, F80, F90, 4xF90X, EL2, FE, FM, 2xFG, FG-20, 3xEM

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two side nores:

Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Here is the data sheet from Agfaphoto for the old version: http://www.agfaphoto.com/appc/_uploa...et_F_PF_E4.pdf
    Maybe it will help compare these films (to see what it is not)?

That Agfaphoto was no company yet but just a trade name Agfa had started to use scarcely in connection with their consumer activities.
    With the sale of that department it became as well a trade name as a company name.

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    ...but if I believed that Ilford, whoever they are, do one thing but the more shadowy parent company(Harman)can do another...
    There is no parent company. IlfordPhoto is just a trade name used for the silver-halide activities of Harman.
    Last edited by AgX; 09-23-2013 at 07:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Agfa (Lupus Imaging)
    Agfa is a company and has nothing to do with Lupus Imaging.
    Agfa Photo is a brand name which is used by Lupus Imaging.

Is it that hard?
    Regards,
    Andreas

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    AgfaPhoto is also a company. (AgfaPhoto Holding)

And concerning those AgfaPhoto branded films it is not clear whether AgfaPhoto is responsible for them and Lupus Imaging only serving as distributor.
    Or whether this is a sole Lupus business and AgfaPhoto Holding only licencing that brand name.

I would not go as far as Ian and speak of fraudsters. But that all is a shady business.

(Actually that shady thing started already with the shady sale of that consumer business by Agfa in 2004...)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Can I make a request? Can we end all this APX-old-vs-new-vs-Lupus-vs-Kentmere.....

Every thread that ever mentions APX (100 or 400), goes down this complex path of bankruptcy, licensing, trademarks and the whole 9 yards....

Any way we can get back to center and just accept whatever Lupus Imaging is doing, is their deal....

Let's let the pictures speak for themselves

I spent $6.29 a roll, seems a bit high, but, if it is magic-film(doubtful), well let's give a high five to Lupus for doing a good job.

When Tri-X is $4.49 a roll*, APX 400 has a massive barrier from the start.....

*yeah I know Arista has a rebrand for less, but let's presume that supply is going to dry up eventually....
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Two side nores:

There is no parent company. IlfordPhoto is just a trade name used for the silver-halide activities of Harman.
    My point exactly. It was just that zsas seemed to believe that there is a parent company called Harman and as long as it doesn't state that that it doesn't re-brand a Ilford produced film with another name then we cannot conclude that Agfa 400 isn't in fact Kentmere 400

I take Simon Galley at his word that Ilford/Harman does not simply re-brand one of its own films for another client but others here may not.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I believe Simon was right that Harman doesn't rebrand it's film

Though, I do believe that Harman does produce film for others, which might be very similar to their own product but it is very different than "rebranded". Rebranded is merely doing a run of Kentmere and midway-thru-the-coating changing to have "APX 400 Agfa" burned into the edge marks. I believe Simon when he says they don't do that. However, for Simon to admit that they (Harman) make some Lomo, APX, etc....would violate the non-disclosure Harman has with its customers....why does anyone think he would do that? He'd be out of a job and prob facing legal issues for doing so....

Why on earth do we need to debate Harman when were talking APX? Seems senseless to me....
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Andy
    Thanks for the pictures of the box. I have a few questions: what is the expiry date and batch number if there is one?
    If you could take a pic of the side with the expiry date, that would be appreciated. Oh, and what colour is the canister or tube?
    Last edited by Ricardo Miranda; 09-24-2013 at 10:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F50, F55, F60, 2xF601, F65, 3xF75, F801, 2x F801S, F80, F90, 4xF90X, EL2, FE, FM, 2xFG, FG-20, 3xEM

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Here ya go:
    Andy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin