Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,732   Online: 824

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NEW Agfa APX400

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Here is old emulsion APX100 vs new emulsion APX400

The labels are sure different, ie 100 level is printed better....but, do we really buy film for label characteristics?

Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy, is there perhaps a development chart ptinted inside of the box?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Nothin printed on the inside

Though Macodirect has one:
    http://www.macodirect.de/agfaphoto-p-2688.html

Ohhh Lupus, if your reading, not the best customer service to not have a dev table on your site???

It's kind that you've distributors (ie Macodirect) who host these data for you and folks like us to get your msg out....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Andy, I've also found the chart in the link and nothing on the AgfaPhoto site.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Andy!
    I was looking for the tube or canister as we call it in the UK, not so much the cassette. I suspect it is black, isn't it?
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes it's a black plastic tube it goes in
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I purchased some of this a couple of weeks back. haven't had a chance to use it yet. Personally I am not bothered who made it. It gives me an option. When some manufacturers are stopping production both colour and black & white should we not be grateful when something else does come out. It might not be up to the T-max / Delta standard or be in the same class as Tri-X but it is still an option for your camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess Lupus does not have a dev table, because they don' t produce any film. They should ask the actual producer and probably that costs...?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Weston View Post
    I purchased some of this a couple of weeks back. haven't had a chance to use it yet. Personally I am not bothered who made it. It gives me an option. When some manufacturers are stopping production both colour and black & white should we not be grateful when something else does come out. It might not be up to the T-max / Delta standard or be in the same class as Tri-X but it is still an option for your camera.
    Who died and made you the voice of pragmatism? C'mon it's the Internet, if we didn't complain what would be the point???

I am kidding! I agree w everything you said! Choice of product allows for artistic-choice
    Andy

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Weston View Post
    ... Personally I am not bothered who made it. It gives me an option. ...
    Bothered I am not - as you are - but it would be nice to know who made it or what type of re-branded film it might be, so we'll get a starting point for using & developing tests. That's all.
    This way - instead of shooting the film - we can discuss grain, best developers, bokeh, stand or shaken developing, push & pull, etc. even more over and over again on this fine forum - instead of shooting the film - (did I say that out loud again?)

And yes, it IS nice to have options.
    BTW: it is also nice to know what factories are still producing film (regardless of brand names and distributors).
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 09-24-2013 at 03:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin