Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,143   Online: 905

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NEW Agfa APX400

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    All the published times that are on the Kentmere site match the Massive Dev times...
    http://www.kentmere.co.uk/Webfiles/2...1714152280.pdf
    Exactly, and there are more developers listed on the Kentmere site that match those given by Maco.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    But my analysis is focused on the info that Macodirect.de published re the New APX 400. That is the baseline dataset....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure, sure, sure... My point was that Kentmere times come from the horse's mouth, are verified and tested by the manufacturer, and - as you've pointed out earlier - match those for the new APX given by Maco (and surprisingly not by AgfaPhoto).

Shooter
    35mm
    Did you try looking at the distributor, Lupus Imaging? See: http://www1.lupus-imaging-media.com/...-download.html
    Direct link for APX 400: http://www1.lupus-imaging-media.com/...s/apx400gb.pdf

You can also see that there is a "New Emulsion" APX 100.
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ricardo, I couldn't find the data myself.

Shooter
    35mm
    You're welcome!

BTW, this is looking like a detective's investigation! LOL
    Last edited by Ricardo Miranda; 09-25-2013 at 08:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ok this is looking more and more odd to me
    Ricardo, thanks for the links to the Lupus downloads section, I never would have thought a company would put the dev charts in a separate section of their website and not on the tech details of the APX product page....geeezeee Lupus Imaging, way to make it easy for your customers to find the info they need.....maybe your webmaster should imbed those PDFs on the product details pages for the new APX 100/400....

Anyway, soo, with the above link sleuthed by Ricardo, it seems to me that APX 400 is identical to the properties of Kentmere 400*

*Except for Rodinal

So Macodirect.de is off the hook propagating an error at this point....

Ricardo - Re that Dx database, well I'd tend to believe that it is a web page that stopped being updated in early 2004, which means (to me) drawing conclusions from that site maybe hard cus the data is so stale....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is certainly possible that Lupus could contract with Harman to manufacture film that responds to various developers in the same way as Harman's Kentmere offerings.

That says nothing about spectral sensitivities, anti-halation, grain, acutance, backing support, etc., etc.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Matt all could be true. Now I wanna get some Kentmere 400 to see if there's any difference.....based on the strange, almost 100% match btw APX 400 and Kentmere 400....

Such an odd exercise here, Lupus doesn't have any graphs and whatnot like most films do??? Something doesn't seem right here...I guess from a customer perspective. Seems like a lott'a work for folks to just but this film and know what to do?
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Matt all could be true. Now I wanna get some Kentmere 400 to see if there's any difference.....based on the strange, almost 100% match btw APX 400 and Kentmere 400....

Such an odd exercise here, Lupus doesn't have any graphs and whatnot like most films do??? Something doesn't seem right here...I guess from a customer perspective. Seems like a lott'a work for folks to just but this film and know what to do?
    Remember developer times are just starting points. I’m sure Lupis did not do ANY testing of this film. They just reposted old times that should be “close enough”.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin