Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,242   Online: 963

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Their website indicates they stopped marketing LF-shutters in 2009.
    Neither Prontor nor Copal made a statement on this matter (I know of).

As indicated above, there might be stocks at the lens industry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. I understand Rodenstock offer lifetime warranty (I'm not sure about Schneider) so they must have secured quite some shutters for future repairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's the end of the world as we know it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    So when exactly did copal case their shutter production? And what am I left with if I wish to buy a brand new 4x5 macro lens in a year or two?
    They announced [or perhaps more accurate to say that they let it be known] about their decision to discontinue their mechanical leaf shutters in 2012 and shipped their final production run in early to mid 2013.

According to one LF manufacturer, they were told that this last run [presumably #0 shutters exclusively] would be sufficient to supply the world market for ~2-years.
    Last edited by f8&bthere; 12-08-2013 at 08:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope they will be able to adapt electronic shutters to the existing range of lenses. I see they are made by Rollei, Schneider and Rodenstock but also 600 - 1300 Eur dearer compared to Copal.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With max 1/60 s I see the Schneider electronic shutter beeing designed for studio shots mostly.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    On the Rodenstock link it says the line is "clearly better results" with the electronic shutter... But I don't know how it can be better if it won't function without a PC.... Not exactly carry my computer up and down mountains just to run my shutter... FAIL lol

I do like the fact they are using rounded shutter blades though.

Since they already have tooled up for most if the design (shutter blades, exterior shutter parts etc) they could possibly design a mechanical shutter with less investment cost...

OR add some kind if mini battery attachment to run the electronics... Wouldn't work for me but is better than carrying your computer around...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rodenstock:
    The shutter can be fully controlled from your computer, as well as by iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad via Wi-Fi the computer.
    Do you really want a mechanical one or just an electronic one that is selfsustained (as the late Compur Electronic)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It can be controlled via many gadgets but it still needs a PC/MAC to be connected to: http://www.rodenstock-photo.com/medi...r.en_10383.pdf (page 4)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin