Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,704   Posts: 1,548,473   Online: 890

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Does anyone know, do they still make the 4x5 in japan? I really wanted to shoot at least one pack of the 4x5 stuff with a model but the only time I saw any (I think that was also at unique photo) was when I didn't have any money and now it's gone.
    4x5 got a fairly recent last shipment from Japan, maybe 3-4 months ago but it's gone gone gone.

The b&w 3000B will probably age better than the 100C color emulsion, if my experience with expired film is at all telling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Does anyone know, do they still make the 4x5 in japan? I really wanted to shoot at least one pack of the 4x5 stuff with a model but the only time I saw any (I think that was also at unique photo) was when I didn't have any money and now it's gone.
    Yodobashi Camera has both the 3000B and 100C in stock (4x5), but they are both pricey (3800 yen for B, 4000 yen for C, 10 sheets).
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fujifilm did announce the discontinuation of this film quite some time ago on their website (in Japanese).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Yodobashi Camera has both the 3000B and 100C in stock (4x5), but they are both pricey (3800 yen for B, 4000 yen for C, 10 sheets).
    That's only $40/box, hmm wonder what the shipping cost is though
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is a good price ($40/box). B&H had the FP100c45 at $35/box the last time they had it, a few months back. I mourn the loss of all the 4x5 sizes, and FP100B in all sizes more than the 3000B but still, a loss is a loss. :-/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    That is a good price ($40/box). B&H had the FP100c45 at $35/box the last time they had it, a few months back. I mourn the loss of all the 4x5 sizes, and FP100B in all sizes more than the 3000B but still, a loss is a loss. :-/
    Yea I agree it's an OK price.

If I can sell half the "prints" then it would be worth it.

The ability to reach 3000 ASA is what I like most. I haven't tried pushing HP5+ to 3200 yet but I doubt it would be as nice of an image as the FP3000B but maybe it's better, I'll give both a try soon.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Delta 3200 is awesome at 3200. If the 3000 speed is what you need, it's great. (As is/was TMZ but D3200 is still made and, best if all, in 120.)

/thread creep, back to Fuji instant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Delta 3200 is awesome at 3200. If the 3000 speed is what you need, it's great. (As is/was TMZ but D3200 is still made and, best if all, in 120.)

/thread creep, back to Fuji instant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha! Both are great, but the Fuji stuff has a certain look, I said this before and everybody says well you can get the same look by developing the developer differently and blah blah blah, but I'm telling you The Fuji stuff is really beautiful and it's great for modeling, it's actually closer to something like the Eastman Double-x movie stock film (that I'm trying to get special cut in 4x5) in look, just a higher ASA, that higher ASA really allows you to get some of those beautiful window shots where the diffuse light from the sky is coming to the window and the model just glows.

I'm debating whether it's worth spending the money to actually order the 4x5 stuff at $40 a box.

Stupid money!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've shot one pack of the Fuji 3000B. I hate to see it go but I admit about all I could do consistently was get too much contrast.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I've shot one pack of the Fuji 3000B. I hate to see it go but I admit about all I could do consistently was get too much contrast.
    I think the main problem with the film was it was meant for a completely different thing. The 100 stuff is still actually good for checking before you take a picture with color film, I still use it all the time before I shoot a 4 x 5 transparency. But this other stuff is meant more for shooting in a Polaroid Land camera. And so many people use the smaller format Polaroid land camera's, they don't use them as much and so of the two films the color one was of course purchased more often.

I have seen some really well made images shot with this stuff, but I again I think it's sort of more of a specialty and unfortunately the specialty stuff these days is getting thinner and thinner.

Ironically I would probably shoot the 4 x 5 stuff of the black-and-white way more often than I would the color stuff if I had 2 backs. But the large format transparency work takes precedence over the more fun Polaroid B&W shots.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin