Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,092   Posts: 1,635,981   Online: 1194

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    The film keeps really well honestly. All the Fuji instant stuff keeps far better than Polaroid. For whatever reason they are getting a much better seal on their pods. Also, the color shifts are much less. I shot 9 year old Instax film and every shot covered completely. There was a slight color shift but nothing like the orange cast and lack of contrast that ruined Polaroid 600 shots.

Remember that the ISO 3200 is actually an ISO ~1000 formulation with a reflective back layer to add to the sensitivity. So it isn't nearly as sensitive to age as real ISO 3200 film.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amuderick View Post
    The film keeps really well honestly. All the Fuji instant stuff keeps far better than Polaroid. For whatever reason they are getting a much better seal on their pods. Also, the color shifts are much less. I shot 9 year old Instax film and every shot covered completely. There was a slight color shift but nothing like the orange cast and lack of contrast that ruined Polaroid 600 shots.

Remember that the ISO 3200 is actually an ISO ~1000 formulation with a reflective back layer to add to the sensitivity. So it isn't nearly as sensitive to age as real ISO 3200 film.
    Umm real "ISO 3200 film" is also actually 1000 that pushes well....

Also, so that's what the white backing is? It reflects light back onto the film for added intensity?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The effective speed increase with silver-salt transfer materials is due to the way the positive image is formed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Recent Fujifilm discontinuations have gone from cutting fat well into cutting away bone now. It's very disappointing to see that we have not reached a level where their films are sustainable. Now we have no high speed instant film, no high speed slide film, no high speed b & w film, and no slow speed color film in 120.

Big, huge gaping holes are appearing in Fujifilm's lineup.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

FP3000B discontinuance

Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Recent Fujifilm discontinuations have gone from cutting fat well into cutting away bone now. It's very disappointing to see that we have not reached a level where their films are sustainable. Now we have no high speed instant film, no high speed slide film, no high speed b & w film, and no slow speed color film in 120.

Big, huge gaping holes are appearing in Fujifilm's lineup.
    Ilford.... Nuff said fast and slow B&W and the direct positive is sort of instant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Now we have no high speed instant film, no high speed slide film, no high speed b & w film, and no slow speed color film in 120.
    That's why we still have tripods...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just shot some FP100C that was sitting in the camera through high and low temps for 5 years. I was expecting garbage when I pulled it apart, but it looked practically normal. Whoo-hoo.

I just hope they don't discontinue that.

Quote Originally Posted by amuderick View Post

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I've shot some very expired 100C and only had two packs that had issues, general red cast in the center of the image throughout the pack.

Never have I seen any issues with 3000B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    That's why we still have tripods...
    Not really a solution for many.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had no idea. This needs a bump (see the petition in the OP).

I'm sure it because people are stocking up, but it's an enocuraging sign nonetheless: The five pack of this is currently the top selling item in the Darkroom category at Amazon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin